What is your go to healthy meal?

flintnational

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes, you get to define "healthy". So, [-]pizza and beer[/-] broiled chicken and steamed broccoli can be your healthy meal!

In our case, for most lunches we prepare a salad with the following:

Sprouts (grown by DW)
Tomatoes (from the garden in the summer)
Assorted mixed veggies including peppers, green onion, cucumbers, mushrooms
Salmon salad (Costco canned sockeye salmon mixed with homemade mayo) sometimes chicken or egg salad
Homemade balsamic vinaigrette
Extra drizzle of EVOO
and maybe the glass of vino pictured in the corner

IMG_20170921_102424984 (1).jpg

FN

Grass fed beef patty on my home made whole grain bread.
Home made bean soup
Some type of veggie or fruit.
Home made whole milk yogurt.

Last edited:
grass fed beef patty on my home made whole grain bread.
Home made bean soup
Some type of veggie or fruit.
Home made whole milk yogurt.

Just made DD several grass fed patties to eat while we are out of town. I use our dehydrator to make yogurt. It works well.

Stir fry in olive oil - mostly veggies, a little meat, and egg and some beans topped with salsa.

I made a stir fry earlier in the week and added curry paste. Quick veggie chicken curry.

FN

I made a stir fry earlier in the week and added curry paste. Quick veggie chicken curry.

FN

I bought some curry paste last week but I haven't tried it yet. We like curry when we go out so I'm going have to figure out how to cook with it.

We make a stir fry that lasts about 5 meals. We use a gigantic 20 inch wok.

Chicken, lots of ginger sliced in strips, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, pineapple, jicama, fish oil, sesame oil.

Serve over basmati rice.

It is pretty dang tasty and you feel like you haven't eaten stuff that is *too* bad for you even though it tastes really good. Takes about an hour to cut up all the stuff but it does last for five meals.

Baked (microwaved) potato and steamed veg; bean and rice bowl with homemade salsa; whole wheat pasta and from-the-garden marinara.

We make a stir fry that lasts about 5 meals.
Takes about an hour to cut up all the stuff but it does last for five meals.

My friend who owns a Chinese restaurant refers to the kitchen operation as "constant preparation interrupted by occasional cooking."

My new favorite is green pork chille. Very simple, easy inexpensive ingredients. Pork, chilles, tomatillo, onion, spices..

Throw it in the instant pot and almost instant dinner.

OK , full disclosure, I dont really have one, But when Im stuck making myself something, Ill grab a jar of peanut butter and jelly, and make a few of these on toast. They say its healthy. I do it because, except for the crumbs from the toaster, its not a mess. I use a paper plate, and boom , kitchen looks like I never was there.:D

I bought some curry paste last week but I haven't tried it yet. We like curry when we go out so I'm going have to figure out how to cook with it.

The brand we use is a yellow Thai curry and has the directions on the side panel. Stir fry the veggies and meat, add the paste and add coconut milk. Pretty quick and easy. I do not have to add any other seasonings.

FN

My new favorite is green pork chille. Very simple, easy inexpensive ingredients. Pork, chilles, tomatillo, onion, spices..

Throw it in the instant pot and almost instant dinner.

Sounds great. Hatch peppers showed up in our local Sprouts market a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for ideas.

FN

We make a stir fry that lasts about 5 meals. We use a gigantic 20 inch wok.

Chicken, lots of ginger sliced in strips, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, pineapple, jicama, fish oil, sesame oil.

Serve over basmati rice.

It is pretty dang tasty and you feel like you haven't eaten stuff that is *too* bad for you even though it tastes really good. Takes about an hour to cut up all the stuff but it does last for five meals.

I bought a mandoline and some no cut gloves, though I don't always bother getting them out and just use a knife instead. But when I do the mandoline slices are nice and thin and the veggies cook up pretty quick in the wok.

Last edited:
The brand we use is a yellow Thai curry and has the directions on the side panel. Stir fry the veggies and meat, add the paste and add coconut milk. Pretty quick and easy. I do not have to add any other seasonings.

FN
I've used green and red, similar process. It's good to cook the curry a little first, not sure if the jar mentioned that.

I made a batch of green from scratch once. Very good, fair amount of work. Getting all the ingredients could be challenging in some areas.

Hatch peppers showed up in our local Sprouts market a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for ideas.

I had a really awesome hatch mac and cheese at the Trader Joe's sample desk a few weeks ago. I'd never heard of them before that.

Sounds great. Hatch peppers showed up in our local Sprouts market a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for ideas.

FN
Here's a link to recepie I use:

https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/pressure-cooker-chili-verde-green-pork-chili/

I use the make your own option, it's worth it. First time I made it I had a jar of the stuff I'd never tried. After trying both I threw the jar out!

Pretty much follow the recepie other than
I don't use all the salt and brown the pork completely. I'm sure there's plenty of different recepies out there, I think some may be closely guarded secrets.

Super quick, no cook meal would be yogurt and fruit or hummus and carrots.

Cooking would be bean and veggie soup/stew--throw everything in the crockpot in the morning, ready 6-8 hours later.

Back
Top Bottom