Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #641
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
On Friday I lifted 16.2 tons at the gym.

Today was one of my days off from the gym, but I got the urge to loosen my purse strings a little. That evolved into a fun and ridiculously exhausting single-handed furniture moving extravaganza in order to make room for the new 65" TV that I plan to get for my home gym.
W2R, Oh wow, 65" TV for the gym, are you contemplating giving up your gym membership and going exclusively with the home gym?

In any event, sounds wonderful, I'm sure you will enjoy!
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #642
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I do about 5 tons on upper body day, but that's 45 reps, not 400...
75 reps...

Numbers is hard...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #643
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
W2R, Oh wow, 65" TV for the gym, are you contemplating giving up your gym membership and going exclusively with the home gym?

In any event, sounds wonderful, I'm sure you will enjoy!
Thanks! I am sure I will, too. As they say, "you can't' take it with you", so I figured, why not?

I plan to have both my gym membership and my home gym, too. I'll keep lifting weights at the gym because they have such great equipment for that. To help me get going with some cardio, I ordered a Fitbit yesterday. For now I plan to go to the gym by myself early in the mornings and walk on their indoor track (and continue to go in the afternoons 3x/week with F). I have no idea how long the morning walks at the gym will last, though.

I am hoping that my home gym will give me some more opportunities for cardio. Right now I have a terrific Schwinn exercycle in my home gym, but only a 19" TV and lousy vision, so I can't really see it. And let's face it, cardio is boring! I might add a treadmill later this year, but the TV is my first priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
75 reps...

Numbers is hard...
And here I thought you were lifting some truly huge weights! Wait, you still are.... Very impressive!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #644

Quote:
If I could do it all in one go, I'd have been in the Olympics or Ripley's Believe it or Not! But alas, I cannot.
Awww, way to bust my bubble! I had conjured up an image that looked something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Female body builder.JPG (114.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #645
Give me a forum ...

Wow,,, er ..... ugh.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #646
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Awww, way to bust my bubble! I had conjured up an image that looked something like this:
My EYES!!!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #647
Give me a forum ...

Ewwww!

Today I walked. The indoor track at my gym was nice, easy on the feet, and temperature controlled. Walking and/or exercycling may complement my weight lifting, which I will not give up. Anyway, I won't even disclose how un-far I walked because it is too embarrassing! Got to start somewhere, and I suppose the bright side of that coin is that I have lots of room for improvement if I continue to walk regularly.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #648
Recycles dryer sheets

Ran 3 and Swam 2 miles today.. Bigger accomplishment is I have now lost 80 pounds in 8 months ! I am starting to change my focus from weight loss to performance although I am ultimately targeting an additional 13 pounds to go. I feel like I am a teenager again It's been a long road but it is possible..
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #649
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
Bigger accomplishment is I have now lost 80 pounds in 8 months !
Wow. That is amazing.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #650
Recycles dryer sheets

I walked 5.45 miles which was 11,048 steps....my pedometer keeps me motivated and healthy! (always outdoors....luckily I can handle very cold weather)
kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #651
Full time employment: Posting here.

Walked 5 miles and did some short stretches of jogging along the way. Now one of my knees is so sore - I think I need to skip the jogging and just stick to walking. (I'm a long time cyclist, but never been into running).
DayDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #652
Give me a forum ...

xyz, congrats on your weight loss! Great workout, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I walked 5.45 miles which was 11,048 steps....my pedometer keeps me motivated and healthy! (always outdoors....luckily I can handle very cold weather)
That's great!!! Wow. I ordered a Fitbit, which is being delivered today, and hopefully with that to spur on my motivation someday I will be reporting longer walks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDreaming View Post
Walked 5 miles and did some short stretches of jogging along the way. Now one of my knees is so sore - I think I need to skip the jogging and just stick to walking. (I'm a long time cyclist, but never been into running).
That's too bad! Jogging sounds like a logical step for some one who is walking that far. Speaking of which, you walked 5 miles too, like kz! That's wonderful.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #653
Recycles dryer sheets

1.2 mile swim 50 mile bike 6 mile run today !
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #654
Moderator Emeritus

8 mile hike with 2000 ft elevation gain a few days ago. Been resting the glutes since.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #655
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
8 mile hike with 2000 ft elevation gain a few days ago. Been resting the glutes since.
I rested on my glutes yesterday...

Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #656
Give me a forum ...

Today is a rest day for me as far as weightlifting is concerned, so I went to the gym anyway and walked around the indoor track for a while.

My Fitbit is definitely motivational! I have walked way more steps than I thought I was walking. It also said I climbed 3 flights of stairs today, even though I only climbed up (and back down) one set of unusually long stairs, to get to the indoor track which is on the second floor.

Also I wore it to bed last night for the sleep analysis, and it said I slept for 7 hours 45 minutes with 96% efficiency. Tell me something new; I sleep like a rock.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #657
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Walt,

My conjuring up an image of W2R is a bit different than yours, I see her more like this:

Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #658
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Walt,

My conjuring up an image of W2R is a bit different than yours, I see her more like this:
You're both wrong!

For the curious - - I have a lot to work on. This is my most recent photo that is not a head-only shot, and it was taken about 15 months ago. This is not a flattering photo; I have lost about 10 pounds since then, and in the photo I was wearing the scuzzy old t-shirt that I wear to the gym. So, I am a little more fit looking but nothing like the photos you two posted!

I re-joined Weight Watchers on Tuesday, and I am serious about my new efforts to add walking for exercise, to my usual weightlifting regimen. I have great hopes.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #659
gone traveling

Quote:
You're both wrong!

For the curious - - I have a lot to work on. This is my most recent photo that is not a head-only shot, and it was taken about 15 months ago. This is not a flattering photo; I have lost about 10 pounds since then, and in the photo I was wearing the scuzzy old t-shirt that I wear to the gym. So, I am a little more fit looking but nothing like the photos you two posted!

I re-joined Weight Watchers on Tuesday, and I am serious about my new efforts to add walking for exercise, to my usual weightlifting regimen. I have great hopes.
I won't even dare post a picture of myself, but hey, W2R, you look great to me and further are an inspiration in all the work you are putting into staying healthy, so we'll keep you around as our pin-up girl!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #660
Recycles dryer sheets

Hubby and I snowshoed 1.8 miles (hilly, unbroken trail which was a good workout) and then I managed a 3 mile walk since I was dressed for the cold weather anyway. 10,246 steps.
kz is offline   Reply With Quote