Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #761
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've been keeping up with my mini stair stepper. I have only skipped 2 days since I started, due to being just plain lazy.
However, on one of those slacker days, I danced a lot of songs played by the DJ at a local watering hole. My legs sure felt sore the next day.
Back to it tomorrow...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #762
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

5km run, plus maybe a mile walk. I commandeered DW's GPS watch, which she has used a grand total of three times since September. Mine died in January after 1.5 years of use. I didn't want to buy a new one if she wasn't gonna use it.

R

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #763
Administrator

30 minutes on my stationary bike.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #764
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I loved finding that quote, because I am having a tough time settling on one sort of cardio activity that I like.
Dance!!

DanceQuarter
NOLA Jitterbugs :: Swing Dance Events and Classes in New Orleans, LA

Free country line dance lessons on Thursdays. JohnPauls Bar
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #765
Full time employment: Posting here.

20.5 miles on the bike in an hour and twenty mnutes. Forecast is for lots of wind monday and tuesday so I will probably stay off the bike and do extra P90X those days.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #766
Recycles dryer sheets

Finished week 4 of C25K. I'm doing the program again after getting sidelined with tendonitis for 6 weeks. Had some pain as I started the program again and went to a sports med doctor instead of a podiatrist. He was much more helpful. He recommended Superfeet insoles and so far that seems to be working wonders. No pain now!

This week my running starts ramping up to a solid 20-minute run by the end of the week. Also entering phase 2 of P90X which looks to be pretty tough. I was really enjoying that recovery week last week!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #767
Recycles dryer sheets

Walked 3 miles with hubby...then 2 more by myself. That's becoming pretty standard for us 5-6 days a week.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #768
Administrator

Today I lifted 17.4 tons (not all at once, but over 40 minutes) using my usual 20 weightlifting machines at the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzy
Dance!!
So many fun things to do for cardio! I am glad I don't have to pick just one.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 03-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #769

Monday: An hour and a half of walking and 2 hours of P90X. The P90X was two times through chest and back, 52 tons total.
For tuesday I hope to do P90X ab ripper and either ride the bike an hour or do plyometrics.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #770

Sunday was 6 miles on the eliptical and Monday was 6 more. Time to take a day off and recover before Wednesday.

Cheers!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #771
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Did a bit of strength training, then 30 minutes of on my stationary cycle.

The manual treadmill I had is history. Dumped that off to Goodwill on Sunday!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #772
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Did a bit of strength training, then 30 minutes of on my stationary cycle.

The manual treadmill I had is history. Dumped that off to Goodwill on Sunday!
So, are you going to get a motorized treadmill? If so, which model?

I was planning to get one this year, a Sole F85, but recently decided to wait. For the first time since retirement, I feel like I am spending way too much and need to rein things in for a while.

You can probably hear the squeaking/squealing all over the country as I put the brakes on my discretionary spending for a few months.

Instead of buying the Sole F85 right now, I plan to set up my Wii in my home gym room, and place the Wii Fit balance board in the lovely empty space in front of my TV, next to the stationary bike (where the treadmill would have been). Then I can do Wii exercise games or follow along with the exercise DVDs that I bought last week. That will have to do for now.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #773
Recycles dryer sheets

Biked 75 miles followed by a 6 mile run.. Increasing my distances but mixing it up a bit more.. Tomorrow swim 2 miles and weightlifting..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I was planning to get one this year, a Sole F85, but recently decided to wait. For the first time since retirement, I feel like I am spending way too much and need to rein things in for a while.

Maybe you should keep spending and then you could be the poster child for obgyn
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #775
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Maybe you should keep spending and then you could be the poster child for obgyn
Any of our forum members who want to spend more, should sign up for Amazon Prime like I did and their dreams will magically come true before they know it.

Took a day off from exercise yesterday, and will lift weights today. Tomorrow is my dental implant and I expect to be in too much pain to do much exercise for a few days. So, if I am right then this week is pretty much shot as far as exercise is concerned.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #776

Woo Hoo! Hit a milestone before its time. I completed my first eliptical half marathon this morning. It's been a few years since I was able to do much of anything it sure feels good. The neuropathy down my right leg and foot gave me a little trouble but not enough to stop when I was getting so close. I hope this will be a stepping stone to my ultimate goal.

Cheers!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
Biked 75 miles followed by a 6 mile run.. Increasing my distances but mixing it up a bit more.. Tomorrow swim 2 miles and weightlifting..
Wow! Inspiring!

I tried to run yesterday, after painting, with a brush, standing up, for 3 hours. My legs loudly exclaimed "thou fool!" Jogged and walked a bit thru 6km. Feel a bit better this morning, and it is a bit warmer, so off I go. Will do 5-6km.

R
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #778
Recycles dryer sheets

After a long, cold winter the temps are climbing around here. It felt sooooo good to not need long underwear, headband or gloves these last few days. Managed 5.5 miles yesterday and today.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #779

Have been clearing brush and hand trenching my new cable route the past few days waiting until it warms up a little for biking.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #780

3.5 mile run at about 10min/mile (I'm not fast), 1.5 mile walk with DW and our Boston terrier pup who just turned 5 months old. This afternoon I'll paint (brush) the last 8x8 bay on my shed, and maybe plant a few more things in the garden.

R