Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #781
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I started walking again after an eleven year hiatus. Started with a mile a day for 5 days and bumped it up to 2.23 miles today. I forgot how good regular exercise makes me feel.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #782
Recycles dryer sheets

Excellent gsparks2!!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #783
Dryer sheet aficionado

Thirty-five minutes on the elliptical machine. Twenty minutes on the weights. Yogurt for breakfast and salad for lunch. My "Lose It App" was very happy.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #784
Full time employment: Posting here.

Six miles on the elliptical machine and then trimmed one of the palm trees and the hedge around the air conditioner.

Cheers!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #785
Recycles dryer sheets

Fun workout today 3 mile run / 2 mile swim / 11 mile bike ride / 1 hour in the weight room.... that should do it for today!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
I started walking again after an eleven year hiatus. Started with a mile a day for 5 days and bumped it up to 2.23 miles today. I forgot how good regular exercise makes me feel.
Good on ya, Mate!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #787
Dryer sheet aficionado

30 minutes elliptical machine and twenty minutes on the weights.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #788

2 hrs of figure skating. Minimal interference by miniature hockey skaters.

Enhanced by a 14 year old pacticing her performance routine. I paid her compliments, she is a smooth and elegant skater. A rarity.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #789
Administrator

I lifted 17.5 tons on my first day back in the gym since my recent dental implant surgery.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I lifted 17.5 tons on my first day back in the gym since my recent dental implant surgery.
Thats impressive, glad to hear about this fast bounce back W2R!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #791
Recycles dryer sheets

Joined a gym today on a 1 month trial membership. I did this at a different gym back in November and at the end of the month decided it wasn't for me. Now I think I need some extra motivation because I'm really slacking off with my home exercise routines. So, maybe belonging to a gym will help. Maybe.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #792
gone traveling

Quote:
Impressive!
You must have really strong teeth
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #793
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags View Post
Impressive!
You must have really strong teeth

Nah, it's much more boring. I just lifted that amount using the same 20 weight machines I always use in the gym, listed in post #51 of this thread.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #794
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDreaming View Post
Joined a gym today on a 1 month trial membership. I did this at a different gym back in November and at the end of the month decided it wasn't for me. Now I think I need some extra motivation because I'm really slacking off with my home exercise routines. So, maybe belonging to a gym will help. Maybe.
I hope this gym works out better for you. Some gyms are just nicer than others.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #795

Ran 5km, 31 minutes, then ran another half mile to catch DW on her walk, then walked about a mile and a half with her. I need to get back on the bike...it's been about 3 weeks.

R
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #796
Full time employment: Posting here.

One hour of walking an 800 meter asphalt path around a lake. Kinda boring, but better than the other walking options in this town. Kinda cool because it's on the grounds of Klaikangwon Palace, one of the residences of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDreaming View Post
I think it does help when you find the right gym for you. Good luck, stop dreaming and just stay do it (and keep doing it)!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #798
Recycles dryer sheets

Rode 76 miles on the bike yesterday, Today ran 3 miles bikeed 14 miles swam 2 miles and lifted ... Feeling pretty good.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #799
Administrator

This afternoon I lifted 17.5 tons again. Then I did some yoga for the first time in my life, ever... The yoga seems like it might be really good for balance and flexibility.

Yesterday all I did was go grocery shopping. I needed everything imaginable, so grocery shopping was enough!

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #800
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I hope this gym works out better for you. Some gyms are just nicer than others.
So far so good: spent about an hour on the various wight machines yesterday and really feel it this morning. Today's exercise will be yard work and getting the vegetable garden ready for planting.

Hey W2R, when you post how many tons you've lifted, are you just keeping a mental note of how many reps x weight used? Total tonnage sounds like a good measure to track. I'd like to do that when I get settled in at this gym, but right now I'm changing the weight a lot until I find what I'm comfortable with.