What was Your Workout Today?

7 mile walk through Seattle's arboretum and capitol hill neighborhood. Nice and quiet. :D

You all are completing such great workouts! :)

As for me, today I rode my stationary bike for 45 minutes non-stop, 8.5 miles. Tomorrow is a gym day for us, so I will be lifting weights again at the gym and probably riding my stationary bike at home after that.

Following Younger Next Year, I have been doing weight lifting three days a week, cardio 5-6 days a week, and resting one day. So far this has been fun, and that is the main reason I am doing it; to add a little spice to my workout routines. I do feel a lot more peppy.

My Concept2 rowing machine is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. :D :dance:

That's just in time, because the gym is going to be closed from Wednesday through the end of the month. During this time I plan to work out on my stationary bike and Concept2, and maybe go for a short jog now and then when it isn't raining.

Nothing too strenuous -- a couple miles of cross-country skiing. This has been a great season for snow in Wisconsin. I hope to get out every day I can to take advantage of it. (And since I'm retired, that translates to nearly every day!)

Cold outside so came up with a living room workout.

Mix and Match as you please, A total of 400 reps of the following as quickly as possible:

Push-ups
Sit-ups
Air squats
25# kettlebell swings
Dips (hands on bench with feet on floor)

5 minutes on my brand new Concept2 rowing machine, 50W, 25 spm. First workout on it. :)
Trying to ease into it slowly. Love it; smooth as glass.

Then a half hour on my stationary bike.

Our gym is closed until Feb 1 for remodeling, and it is cold with sleet and drizzle outside.

5 minutes on my brand new Concept2 rowing machine, 50W, 25 spm. First workout on it. :)
Trying to ease into it slowly. Love it; smooth as glass.

Then a half hour on my stationary bike.

Our gym is closed until Feb 1 for remodeling, and it is cold with sleet and drizzle outside.

Seems like you are becoming a cardio junky:D. It was certainly a surprise to see the weather in Baton Rouge and NO. Hopefully it is warming up today. Enjoy the Concept2!

Seems like you are becoming a cardio junky:D. It was certainly a surprise to see the weather in Baton Rouge and NO. Hopefully it is warming up today. Enjoy the Concept2!

Thanks! I am hoping that my doctor will be pleasantly surprised that I finally took up more cardio just as he advised. I think the rowing machine combines strength and cardio nicely. Still, I will be glad to get back to weight lifting at the gym in February when it re-opens.

My planned workout today will be the same as yesterday; stationary bike for maybe 30-45 minutes, and Concept2 for 5-10 minutes. I want to ease into the Concept2 slowly while focusing on good form. I have to fight the tendency to want to go "all out" on that machine, and I do want to avoid potential injuries. So, a cautious beginning seems in order. I love my new Concept2, though! It is just smooth as silk, and what a great addition to my home gym.

Yes, after freezing rain last night, we are expecting temperatures approaching 60F today! Simply amazing. Maybe I will add a short walk outside to my workout today.

No workout today. Nursing a flu. Never can decide whether to workout or not when I have flu. Today I just felt like resting so I can recover quickly.

Took the dog for a 30-minute brisk walk early this morning, as usual. Came back, had breakfast, did my pullups, then took the kayak out in the bay. Paddled for 40 minutes against the wind to get where I wanted to go, then let the wind blow me back home (as I fished). I figure that's about enough exercise for today.........going to sit in the sun outside and read for a while now :)

I think Ha Ha and W2R are secret employees of Concept2...working their sales magic via this forum. Now I've bought one too! I tried a Fluid E316 yesterday to convince myself I could really operate a rower...then ordered the Concept2/D this morning thru Amazon.

I think Ha Ha and W2R are secret employees of Concept2...working their sales magic via this forum. Now I've bought one too! I tried a Fluid E316 yesterday to convince myself I could really operate a rower...then ordered the Concept2/D this morning thru Amazon.

happy2bretired, I love mine and hope you like yours too! Mine is also a Model D like yours. I had used these rowers at my gym, and so I expected to like it but what I didn't expect is how smooth the action is compared to the "beaters" (well used rowers) at the gym.

I have injured my back before on a Concept2, and that is easy to do sometimes if one goes all out and/or does not pay sufficient attention to form. So, I am being especially cautious to pay close attention to my form and to start gently and build up more slowly than I would otherwise. In the literature you will get with your Model D, Concept2 includes addresses of videos on their website illustrating the correct form.

I love the Concept2 because it combines strength and cardio and because it is more interesting and fun for me than most cardio.

Edited to add: BTW, quite a few of us like the Concept2! Here's a thread about it.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f38/concept2-one-month-report-58380-4.html

Today: 10 minutes, 61 Watts ave, 27 spm, 1693 meters. Tension set to level 5.

Last edited:
I am doing P90X with 100 extra weighted chin-ups on the resistance days and extra cardio on the plyometrics, yoga and kenpo days.

Shoulders and arms today:

Overhead Press
DB raises
DB and bar curls
triceps pull downs
lat raises and pull downs
pull ups
face pulls
heavy bag work

Extra inspiration from big dogs being in the house: Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Drake Nevis, Josh Hamilton and former great Russell Maryland.

20 min on each: eliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike

Slipped away from work for a lunchtime run around downtown Pittsburgh. Grabbed a bench about half way through the run for some push-ups and dips under the shadows of Heinz Field over looking the confluence of the Ohio River. Total distance 3.5 miles.

Yesterday was upper-body day at the gym. Today is twelve-oz curl day at the bar...

Yesterday did a 5 km hike/slog along the mountainous south shore of Banderas Bay, arriving at a beautiful sandy beach accessible only by water and returning via water taxi after lunch.

It had been a bucket list item.:dance:

Took a 45 minute walk with DH. Some sidewalks were still snow covered. Felt great to get out and walk with the sun shining.

20 min on each: eliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike
That is close to what I do. I do the elliptical last - try to get my heart rate up to 145-150 for at least the last 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom