Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #1061
Recycles dryer sheets

Got a massage
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #1062
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I have been doing pretty much the same weightlifting workout each MWF as I was doing in January when I posted it. Today my lifts added up to 17.9 tons.
19.4 tons today, my highest of 2014 so far. I sure love those weight machines and they seem to give me exactly the results I need... namely feeling a little bit younger and stronger, which makes life so much more fun for me.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #1063
gone traveling

Quote:
19.4 tons today, my highest of 2014 so far. I sure love those weight machines and they seem to give me exactly the results I need... namely feeling a little bit younger and stronger, which makes life so much more fun for me.
Good job on that heavy total!!!

I have to have a toenail removed tomorrow down to the nail bed, and will be in flip flops for a few weeks. I hope they let me into the gym with those. Also puts softball on hold for a while.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #1064
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck with that. I haven't seen anyone at my gym wearing flipflops, but I did see someone with a cast on their lower leg.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #1065
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

100 Hang Cleans and Front Squat Combos

This may be my new favorite exercise. A combination of two O-lifts; it does everything: fat loss, athleticism, speed, explosiveness, power, timing, balance, mental focus, range-of-motion, endurance, etc. It works all the major muscle groups, jacks up your heart rate, and the combination of the two exercises exposes weakness that are not evident when they're done seperately.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #1066

Walked 1/4 mile from my office to Walmart, picked up a footlong Black Forest Ham sandwich for lunch from the Subway inside WM, then walked the 1/4 mile back to work. So far, have only eaten 1/2 of the sandwich.

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #1067
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Walked 1/4 mile from my office to Walmart, picked up a footlong Black Forest Ham sandwich for lunch from the Subway inside WM, then walked the 1/4 mile back to work. So far, have only eaten 1/2 of the sandwich.
Phew...I worked up a sweat just reading that.......gonna have to sit down and rest for a bit!

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #1068
Recycles dryer sheets

Today was physical therapy on the shoulder (rotator cuff) repaired 2 weeks ago. Just range of movement stuff, makes me feel really old...
Derslickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #1069
Moderator Emeritus

19.3 tons today.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #1070
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
19.3 tons today.
Lord, that is lot of weight. Way to go!

Leonidas, those combos look brutal.

Ha
Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #1071
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Lord, that is lot of weight. Way to go!

Ha
Thanks! That is just a total from adding up my lifts. I mean, I didn't lift it all at once!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Leonidas, those combos look brutal.

Ha
They're not that brutal unless you use huge weight, but they are incredibly complex to do properly. There are a lot things going on in that combo, but they are a fantastic exercise.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #1073
Full time employment: Posting here.

Today was yoga Friday. Gave me a chance to stretch out after some intense runs, hikes, and weightlifting this week.
truenorth418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #1074
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I have been doing pretty much the same weightlifting workout each MWF as I was doing in January when I posted it. Today my lifts added up to 17.9 tons.
Same-o, same-o, every MWF of every week, week in and week out, la dee da, and I still love weightlifting for some reason. I don't know why! It's just fun and makes me feel younger and stronger.

I lifted 19.7 tons today, my new highest amount for 2014! Now, I hope I don't injure myself in the next two months because I'd love to lift 20 tons on my 66th birthday in June.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #1075
gone traveling

Quote:
Same-o, same-o, every MWF of every week, week in and week out, la dee da, and I still love weightlifting for some reason. I don't know why! It's just fun and makes me feel younger and stronger.

I lifted 19.7 tons today, my new highest amount for 2014! Now, I hope I don't injure myself in the next two months because I'd love to lift 20 tons on my 66th birthday in June.
Persistance wins the race. I'm sure that you will make your June goal.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #1076
Recycles dryer sheets

Today was day 6 of physical therapy on the repaired shoulder. Still hurts like all get out
Old 04-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #1077
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derslickmeister View Post
Today was day 6 of physical therapy on the repaired shoulder. Still hurts like all get out
As hard as it seems, keep going. Make sure your PT knows how you feel. Their job is to push you to get well. I've had one time when the PT realized, the treatment was too much at that time, (I was doing that exercise 2 weeks later).

Folks in PT deserve a tremendous amout of respect from many, very few others understand the dedication required.

Best wishes, for a speedy recovery.
MRG
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #1078
Give me a forum ...

Spinning, planks, push ups and squats. Then I hoisted a growler of beer into the fridge for the weekend.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #1079
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
As hard as it seems, keep going. Make sure your PT knows how you feel. Their job is to push you to get well. I've had one time when the PT realized, the treatment was too much at that time, (I was doing that exercise 2 weeks later).

Folks in PT deserve a tremendous amout of respect from many, very few others understand the dedication required.

Best wishes, for a speedy recovery.
MRG
Thank you for the kind words. I'll try to keep on, keeping on.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #1080
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
100 Hang Cleans and Front Squat Combos

You look very young in that video.