What will we eat?

And the good thing about wild meat...no hormones, antibiotics, and less fat than domestic farm animals sold in the stores. Better for you. The original "Natural, Organic", centuries before natural and organic became the "in thing".

I've had muskrat, bought at an EasternShore crab house. Muskrat is like squirrel. I don't think I could tell the difference other than the size differentation.

How many of you eat cereal (Life, Captain Crunch, Cream of Wheat etc) ? Since caring for my mother, I've started to eat more breakfast cereals.

I've had muskrat, bought at an EasternShore crab house. Muskrat is like squirrel. I don't think I could tell the difference other than the size differentation.

How many of you eat cereal (Life, Captain Crunch, Cream of Wheat etc) ? Since caring for my mother, I've started to eat more breakfast cereals.

Was the muskrat live, or dressed?
MRG

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1400668008.215191.jpg

I spent time in the Metroplex, imagine an island filled with folks from all over plunked down into north Texas.

Random opportunities to sample "regional delicacies" abound, ranging from a polite mmm helping of 'bama boiled peanuts to sublime low country shrimp an grits. My web footed friends need not ask twice upon mentioning a mud bug boil.

Insects - might have swallowed an Agave worm

Last edited:
I had these tacos at a street fair in the San Francisco Mission District a couple of years ago. It was actually pretty good. Fried larvae have a nutty flavor.

Attachments

• Tacos.jpg
    Tacos.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 8
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Mexico or Central America where I can dine on tacos de chapulines. Que agradable! :)

I can see us eating all sorts of stuff when we become overcrowded like India and don't have the resources like we have now. I won't be here whenever that happens...that's a long ways off...

Aren't you trying to hang around for a few more decades, till the time that we can buy an advanced driver-less car, which will take us to that street corner stand to buy larvae tacos?

Aren't you trying to hang around for a few more decades, till the time that we can buy an advanced driver-less car, which will take us to that street corner stand to buy larvae tacos?

Now I might wait around for Purina People Food Chow which is what I will get fed if I make it to the old folks home. Hamburger flavor.

The technology that gives you robot cars will also help you savoring your meal. You will be able to have any flavor you want from the same plate of larvae. Just turn the selector knob on this panel, which has wires going to electrodes implanted in your brain.

To borrow from some dialogs in the movie The Matrix:

Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

-----------------------

Cypher: You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize?

[Takes a bite of steak]

Cypher: Ignorance is bliss.

Back
Top Bottom