Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Being me, not someone molded by society.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Coffee and they had better be pretty convincing that it would hurt me.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #43

Coffee for me as well. I compromised and gave up all artificial sweeteners and sugar in my coffee and teas several years ago. Didn't miss it after about 3 days...
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I agree - BACON.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #45
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
I was reading this thread with growing disbelief that it took 28 posts to get to the subject of chocolate.
I actually said chocolate in post 2. And here I am thinking no-one ignores me

Thanks to Major Tom for also pointing this out in post 32
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #46

I have a thing for good Italian bread from Brooklyn. When I moved to Florida 6 years ago I went to the local supermarket and asked for Italian bread. The lady handed me a loaf of what looked and felt like white bread. I had a good laugh but I'm still searching for a good crusty loaf of Italian bread. Pretty much convinced at this point it doesn't exist down here.

The other thing is also bread related, it's a bagel in Florida, good luck with that. They do have these rolls with holes in them that they try to pass of as a bagel but I'm not buying it. I did find one place in West Palm, about 2 hours away that has a good bagel but I don't get down there that much. Come to think of it I'm going down that way tomorrow to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, ah bagels!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ss454 View Post
I have a thing for good Italian bread from Brooklyn. When I moved to Florida 6 years ago I went to the local supermarket and asked for Italian bread. The lady handed me a loaf of what looked and felt like white bread. I had a good laugh but I'm still searching for a good crusty loaf of Italian bread. Pretty much convinced at this point it doesn't exist down here.

The other thing is also bread related, it's a bagel in Florida, good luck with that. They do have these rolls with holes in them that they try to pass of as a bagel but I'm not buying it. I did find one place in West Palm, about 2 hours away that has a good bagel but I don't get down there that much. Come to think of it I'm going down that way tomorrow to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, ah bagels!
Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete? www.mazzarosmarket.com
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete? www.mazzarosmarket.com
Funny but I drove there last year for the bread. It was OK but the crust was too thin so I crossed it off my list. The bread did look great though, I was so excited when I first saw it. I actually bought every loaf they had on the shelves. With out a doubt it was the best bread I have had down here, just not like Brooklyn.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I actually said chocolate in post 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
Alan mentioned chocolate in post #2 actually but yes, bacon is still a no-show amazingly.
I must've stopped reading at "red wine", thinking that would be a distant #2 behind chocolate.

I stand corrected... as long as by the word "square" you mean "a hunk at least six inches on a side".

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #50

Quote:

And there I was in that other concurrently running thread, making out that I was ignoring you.

My cover's blown

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #51

Quote:
I was reading this thread with growing disbelief that it took 28 posts to get to the subject of chocolate.
We were too busy eating...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #52
gone traveling

Quote:
Come to think of it I'm going down that way tomorrow to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, ah bagels!
Buying or kicking tires? I've never been to one of these but would like to go as a buyer if I had more garage space.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #53
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yabbut, you also said this: "There is really nothing I would refuse to eat or drink if I thought it was bad for me"..........

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #54
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:

The bagels at Panera bread company are the best I have found . Now if I could only find decent pizza .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
I must've stopped reading at "red wine", thinking that would be a distant #2 behind chocolate.

I stand corrected... as long as by the word "square" you mean "a hunk at least six inches on a side".
I only buy bars that come in single squares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
And there I was in that other concurrently running thread, making out that I was ignoring you.

My cover's blown
so it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
Yabbut, you also said this: "There is really nothing I would refuse to eat or drink if I thought it was bad for me"..........
Guilty as charged

I used to think that I could never give up beer, but I did when I wanted to lose weight and now rarely drink it. I suppose that is when I got to really like red wine as it made a very tasty, lower calorie, substitute. I was delighted when, a few years back, it was cited as being good for you
Old 04-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
Full time employment: Posting here.

Coffee, bacon & motorcycles. Separately, of course.
bld999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #57
Recycles dryer sheets

French fries....not a daily thing for me but I sure like an order of really good fries once or twice a week. (I know....bad girl!)
kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Buying or kicking tires? I've never been to one of these but would like to go as a buyer if I had more garage space.
Kicking tires, I can't afford a divorce.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
The bagels at Panera bread company are the best I have found . Now if I could only find decent pizza .
When I was a kid and lived on Long Island my Dad used to come home late from work on Fridays. He would stop of in Brooklyn and pick up a dozen fresh hot bagels and they would be still warm when he got home. I'd wake up and sit with him and have a bagel. I can tell you from experince that Panera bagels have nothing to do with bagels from Brooklyn.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #60
Administrator

Quote:
When I was a kid and lived on Long Island my day used to come home late from work on Fridays. He would stop of in Brooklyn and pick up a dozen fresh hot bagels and they would be still warm when he got home. I'd wake up and sit with him and have a bagel. I can tell you from experince that Panera bagels have nothing to do with bagels from Brooklyn.
Great story.

Although we frequent our Panera Bread quite regularly, we go to Brooklyn Cafe at least once a week for bagels. No idea if they are anything like bagels you get in Brooklyn but they are the best by far in our area.