What's your favorite NON-healthy meal or snack?

Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes with gravy and a biscuit or two.

Basically this breaks every rule I usually eat by. Its fried and the skin is on, its real potatoes, not cauliflower, its gravy (enough said), and biscuits where we avoid all bread.

This was my planned response but you beat me to it! However, since I don't live in the south, there are few restaurants in my city that have good fried chicken and practically none that have good biscuits so not a big temptation.

Enchiladas and chile rellenos are my other downfalls.

If I must choose one item, it must be pasta. There’s simply so much you can do with it. However, I have learnt to make my own pasta, and when I do, I roll it out very thin to make noodles or ravioli. The process is enjoyable and the lightness of the pasta means you eat less per portion and it is SO GOOD!

What about pasta is NON-healthy? Its just wheat, a little water and salt (and maybe an egg). Sounds pretty healthy to me. Its what you put on it that can be unhealthy.

Fajitas. Chicken, shrimp, or beef. Lots of guacamole, cheese, and hot salsa on them. And an ice cold beer.

What about pasta is NON-healthy? Its just wheat, a little water and salt (and maybe an egg). Sounds pretty healthy to me. Its what you put on it that can be unhealthy.

It's simply starch - long chains of glucose (sugar). It's kinda the definition of an empty calorie. It's only redeeming value is (a) sometimes it comes with some fiber (long chains of glucose that can't be digested) or (b) it takes a while to digest so those glucose molecules hit your blood stream over more time than if you are eating simple sugars.

In the old days it was useful in getting enough calories to live. But that's really not an issue these days.

I like to skip the pasta and just eat what I used to put on the pasta. Likewise bread.

It's simply starch - long chains of glucose (sugar). It's kinda the definition of an empty calorie. It's only redeeming value is (a) sometimes it comes with some fiber (long chains of glucose that can't be digested) or (b) it takes a while to digest so those glucose molecules hit your blood stream over more time than if you are eating simple sugars.

In the old days it was useful in getting enough calories to live. But that's really not an issue these days.

I like to skip the pasta and just eat what I used to put on the pasta. Likewise bread.

Wow! Life without pasta or bread. To each his/her own but I'd gladly give up a few years and enjoy pasta and bread and potatoes. And maybe I can, as my Mom lived to 95 and my Dad is still going at 97 and still eating all of that stuff.

I can only think of one item in my diet that would be sort of unhealthy. Unfortunately, it’s my single favorite item. [emoji30]

Meat Lover’s Pizza from my favorite local pizza place. I can gain three pounds just looking at it.

But since I hold myself to only five or six a year, I’m going to stay with it.

This could be my favorite thread of all time! Probably not a good idea to read through this right at dinner time. But let me just say, I agree with everyone. Those all sound delicious.

If I had to pick just one.....that’s tough.....but I’m a Texan. So I’ll say BBQ. Brisket, pork, ribs, etc. All smothered in a sweet bbq sauce. Honorable mention to a good thick well battered chicken fried steak.

We won't live forever so every now and then I have an envie for something unhealthy and tasty.
I'll start it off: cracklin (not the mass produced kind but the local variety of pork skins with fat and meat fried up crispy).
As long as they are rendered and fried in their own lard, I don't see why they should be considered unhealthy. I love them.

Ha

I love pizza also, but i am going with Lasagna as my favorite non healthy meal.
It's made of like.

Egg
Wheat
Salt
Tomatoes
Peppers and other vegetables
Meat or other protein
Cheese dairy or non
Herbs and seasoning

There's a 40 pound bucket that contained ready to apply chocolate flavored frosting(made with fondant) in our garage.

It contained:
Sugar
Vegetable oil
High fructose corn syrup
Corn syrup
Cocoa
A whole bunch of other crapola I'm not going to be able to type in....

A pound or two of that stuff is unhealthy. Eat some more lasagna.

Things we love but don’t eat very often because they’re just too many calories:
  • Älplermagrone (a favorite recipe we’ve had for 30+ yrs, but make it once or twice a year)
  • Tasting menu at Topolobampo
  • Ice cream

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes which, along with another medical issue, landed me in the hospital for 12 days. The other issue was resolved but while I was in the hospital, I had some conversations with a dietitian and a diabetes counselor. Thankfully, I didn't have to make any huge overhaul to my diet. Instead, all I had to do was (1) trim the excesses from my diet, and (2) watch the portion sizes of some of the foods I ate. Sometimes, simply substituting a healthier but very similar item for a less healthy one was enough.

It wasn't like I was obese or vastly overweight. I did shed about 25 pounds while I was in the hospital but have gained about 5 of those back. But I have been able to stick to those two principles, thanks in part to reviewing the nutritional labels found on most food packages including foods at major restaurants where the nutrition info can be found in their websites. I look for the all-important Carbohydrates amount.

I have a few favorite, less healthy foods which I still eat, mostly in reduced but moderate amounts compared to before. They are: chocolate donuts, potato chips, and pizza.

yes, but where do you get your jucy lucy? Matt's, blue door, or the nook?

The Mpls Blue Door, the Nook, Burger Moe's, and Groveland Tap. No shortage of Lucys here.

It would be a couple of cups of popcorn in the evening, but try to stick to the healthier ones:D.

If I must choose one item, it must be pasta. There’s simply so much you can do with it. However, I have learnt to make my own pasta, and when I do, I roll it out very thin to make noodles or ravioli. The process is enjoyable and the lightness of the pasta means you eat less per portion and it is SO GOOD!

Also like to make my own, but still eat too much. Like a meatball or three as well.

Ice cream of almost any flavor, Mexican chocolate mousse pie from Ala Mode in Seattle and molasses cookies from Hello Robin in Seattle. Oohh, take that ice cream and sandwich it between the two cookies. . .yum.

Pork Roll, egg & cheese on an English Muffin.
It's a great way to start the day when I know I'll be very active that day. :angel:

Hey, I never thought of adding bacon until I just found this:
Philadelphia_PA_G_Sabatino_360_0.jpg

https://thomasbreads.com/recipes/pork-roll-bec-english-muffin-sandwich
Save

OK, I'll go with the "big ass chocolate milkshake" too!

So far this afternoon, I'm gonna have to go with 11 ounces of rum.

Or any other gift from the distillers art.

and bacon.

:LOL:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom