Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
With all this talk of Botox, face lifts and hair color, ask yourself if we would be having this conversation if Hillary were a man. (BTW have you noticed how much grey Pres. Obama has lately?) I do think Hillary should hire a good stylist and get a smart, short haircut that would look good with grey hair.
I've noticed all young presidents turn gray while in office. Funny how that works.....

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomonster View Post
I resemble that remark! Literally---since I'm one of those women who don't color her hair or get Botox. I just don't see that hair color makes people look younger. Ever see that red hair color so predominant in Florida on 80+ year olds? They still look their age.

Take a look at the gray haired women here and tell me they don't look wonderful:

Silver Sisters
There are a lot of gray haired women that look great but some look washed out . Hillary Clinton who I respect and admire was looking washed out and it was aging her .I agree that some woman overdo it . I hate the cat look people get from too many face lifts. I would definetely go gray if my hair would not look so awful and mousey . It would save me a chunk of money .

Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomonster View Post
I resemble that remark! Literally---since I'm one of those women who don't color her hair or get Botox. I just don't see that hair color makes people look younger. Ever see that red hair color so predominant in Florida on 80+ year olds? They still look their age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
I dislike the hair coloring and cosmetic alterations. They look terrible twenty years later. People do stand out, but for the wrong reasons, and South Florida is the showcase for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbugdave View Post
I agree that maybe a cosmetic tuck and/or botox would help. I think she would look better if her hair were styled better. Even a braided pony tail would be nice...
Quote:
With all this talk of Botox, face lifts and hair color, ask yourself if we would be having this conversation if Hillary were a man. (BTW have you noticed how much grey Pres. Obama has lately?) I do think Hillary should hire a good stylist and get a smart, short haircut that would look good with grey hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
First: You're correct: There is a lot more focus on Hillary Clinton's appearance than there would be if she were a man. Second: I don't think President Obama actually has aged as much as President Clinton and President Bush both appeared to have aged, at the beginning of their second terms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
There are a lot of gray haired women that look great but some look washed out . Hillary Clinton who I respect and admire was looking washed out and it was aging her .I agree that some woman overdo it . I hate the cat look people get from too many face lifts. I would definetely go gray if my hair would not look so awful and mousey . It would save me a chunk of money .
My what a nasty gender-related turn this thread has taken.

We're talkin' about one of America's top success stories in politics and global policy, but now the topic is hair. Am I the only guy here who wonders why women are frustrated when they're not taken seriously in the workforce? Who is she, Donald Trump?!?

If you want to talk about celebrities with zero credibility, hair, & fashion, then maybe you should beat up on a Kardashian. Or Donald Trump.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

I think Bill Clinton has fabulous hair....

Is a man his age (same as his wife's age, I believe) too old to run for president in 2016? Or should men also feel fulfilled simply if their children give them grandchildren?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
If you want to talk about celebrities with zero credibility, hair, & fashion, then maybe you should beat up on a Kardashian. Or Donald Trump.
Donald Trump's hair is incredible. I keep expecting it to sprout legs and scuttle off his bare head. Or engage in debate with him. That sort of incredible...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
Donald Trump's hair is incredible. I keep expecting it to sprout legs and scuttle off his bare head. Or engage in debate with him. That sort of incredible...
It shows poor judgment and leads to lack of credibility.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
Especially when I see a photo of him in the middle of a screaming fit.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette

To drag this thread lower... Believe it or not that hair on his head is real and relatively speaking for a man his age it is still pretty full, it is just styled weird. He let a news lady a few months ago pull on it and pull it back to see if it was a combover or a pelt on his head. He proved to them it was all real and no bald spot laying covered under it.
Concerning Hillary and women of coloring hair. In my personal experiences and I have worked with a lot of women in my day, they are way more brutal on woman and their grey hair than men are. I bet for every one comment I hear from a man, about a woman's hair style or grey, I will hear 10 snippy comments from women about a women. Maybe it's just the crowd I keep and have worked with. FWIW- I keep telling my GF to quit worrying about that stuff, but the older she gets, the more worried she becomes. I can't wait until she is old enough to not worry about it anymore.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
I can't wait until she is old enough to not worry about it anymore.
You can't mean that - she'll worry until she's dead.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

I always think it looks silly when you see an older couple of about the same age and she has obviously colored her hair while his is white. I know quite a few men who color their hair. Who are we kidding? Perhaps ourselves? I have been coloring mine for over a decade, mainly to make myself feel better. Someday I will let it go au naturel. Not ready yet!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo
You can't mean that - she'll worry until she's dead.
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I was hoping it was just a 40's thing.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm 7 years younger than Clinton, and can't even IMAGINE undergoing the stress of her recent job. In my opinion, for her to even get out of bed is amazing, and I don't give two cents what she looks like. When did it start to be the ideal to look 20 years younger than you are, anyway?
AND I wish her nothing but the best of health and happiness, whatever she does or doesn't do for the rest of her life.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomalou View Post
I'm 7 years younger than Clinton, and can't even IMAGINE undergoing the stress of her recent job. In my opinion, for her to even get out of bed is amazing, and I don't give two cents what she looks like. When did it start to be the ideal to look 20 years younger than you are, anyway?
AND I wish her nothing but the best of health and happiness, whatever she does or doesn't do for the rest of her life.
Very well said....and a very sane attitude towards aging and appearance.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomalou View Post
+10!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #55
Recycles dryer sheets

I always wonders who set the standard for what a person should look like at 65? I remember when I was very young looking at people thinking that person is old. I know look and see that some were only in their late 30's or early 40's back then.
Hillary has never been one of my favorite people but I would say what she had to go through being the first lady must have aged her quick. I will say she is tough to have stayed with Willy. She looks OK to me but then again I cannot see that good.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #56
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
I always think it looks silly when you see an older couple of about the same age and she has obviously colored her hair while his is white. I know quite a few men who color their hair. Who are we kidding? Perhaps ourselves? I have been coloring mine for over a decade, mainly to make myself feel better. Someday I will let it go au naturel. Not ready yet!

That look would be same as DW and I.

About 40 years ago DW decided to be a redhead. And assured me that she will always be a redhaead.
I have had silver hair for around 6 years, prior to that various shades of blond, though now I keep it short. I recall my mother telling me I was born with white hair. Confirmed by the midwife in my early teens. I was born at home on the living room couch, 2 am. On my current hair color, get a fair amount of comments in the vein of, many women would kill to have my silver hair.

As for politicians of any gender, I don't give a rat's a$$ what color hair, or rug they sport, or the look they have, they were hired to do a job. I either hate them or like them based on the initial selection criteria, and subsequent performance.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #57
Full time employment: Posting here.

Was somebody talking about my good looks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump.jpg (59.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #58
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I think it's in Bill's best interest to keep her busy...just say'in.