Yuck, a tick!

Guinea hens and chickens are very helpful in controlling insect populations if you are able to let them range in an area.
That sounds pretty uncomfortable. Do you stick them in a pocket, tie them to your body, or just hold them in your arms?

That sounds pretty uncomfortable. Do you stick them in a pocket, tie them to your body, or just hold them in your arms?

LOL:ROFLMAO:

Feever, you got it exactly right. There is a great visual...a bra full of guinea hens. LOL

Nords, you never miss a beat! :D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Now...what to put... never mind...:angel:

I'm outside a LOT and this is the first year that I started getting ticks on me.

I needed tweezers to pull them off.

I do not react to bug bites very strongly I have been stung by a couple hundred bees over the years and it does very little to me.

So I might be a bad example but I had no after effects from the tics other than a very very tiny red dot.

These tics are so small that if I had one on my scalp or even in chest hair or other hairy areas I don't think that there is any way I would have ever found it.

Jim

These tics are so small that if I had one on my scalp or even in chest hair or other hairy areas I don't think that there is any way I would have ever found it.

Jim

I've had Lyme disease. From what I understand, the tiny ones are the dangerous ones (most cases are from the nymph stage of a deer tick) because you don't notice them. The nypmh stage is the one on the fingernail.

mp_main_wide_AdultNymphDeerTick452.jpg

Just saw my doctor. I had blood tests scheduled for other reasons, and when I told him about the tick he said he would run a lyme test as well. He wasn't worried about it, but as Rich said it's good to have some baseline numbers in case I come down with something. The bite itself has just about gone away.

Thanks Kronk

Sorry it took me so long to reply...I missed your post.

That is EXACTLY what the ticks looked like that I found on me!

The one was the bigger one and the other the smaller one.

Jim

Our next door neighbor just got Lyme disease and is recovering. She got a fever and thought she had the flu. She took a shower and her spouse saw a big target shaped rash on her butt. Thank goodness for spouses that like to look.

Back
Top Bottom