Join Early Retirement Today

A couple of stocks that currently look good to me...
Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

A couple of stocks that currently look good to me...

I think HUM and ACH have held support and look very nice on the chart. Don't take my word for it though, it's just my opinion.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

C'mon, Art. Give us a "why".

-CC

Old 02-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #3

LOL! I'm a chartist, and as I said, they have held their support lines and seem to be ready for another run.
OK, if you have to have fundamentals for that warm and fuzzy....HUM seems to me to be the obvious future. Especially if our next President pushes health care insurance to reduce costs. Baby Boomers are coming, and as I can personally attest, we spend way more time at Walgreens now than we do health clubs.
As to ACH, deals bouncing around with Rio Tinto that just seem to have to get done. China growing at a rate to make the baby boom of the 50's look like nothing. Buy the future. All just my opinion.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What do your charts say about Starbucks? I'm not a chartist, just wonder what a screaming short recommendation "looks" like.

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
What do your charts say about Starbucks? I'm not a chartist, just wonder what a screaming short recommendation "looks" like.
A stock going down, down, down often times doesn't have a readable chart, however, if I had to put a number on a bottom, I'd say around $15.60 or so.
Charting isn't soothsaying. Many stocks have broken so far to the up or downside that a support or resistance is tough to find. With those stocks I merely stay away. I like the ones that show support lines and upswings on volume.
Fundamentally, Starbucks is like Lowe's was at one time (WAG also for that matter). Everyone loved them while they were building a new one on every street corner, but as soon as the building subsides and the companies actually stop looking like a smallcap or midcap growth stock, all those traders go running for cover.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'd bet it goes lower in the next 6 months, but I no longer hold individual equitities (all funds), so I'll just watch and see. I'd bet you a latte, but neither one of us has a horse in that race. Thanks...

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote