AAII.com and FINRA.org

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone find value in membership with the American Association of Individual Investors? www.aaii.com

or utilize Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's website for research? I just got back from an investment club meeting where they were mentioned.

I'm particularly interested in learning detail of some bond funds my DW inherited, the EJ website that holds her account is horrible for finding anything.

Anyone find value in membership with the American Association of Individual Investors? www.aaii.com

or utilize Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's website for research? I just got back from an investment club meeting where they were mentioned.

I'm particularly interested in learning detail of some bond funds my DW inherited, the EJ website that holds her account is horrible for finding anything.

A couple of other sources start with morningstar which has 2000 funds rated, or type the name of the fund into a search engine and you can get taken to the funds sponsors site which should have the prospectus of the fund on line.

I used to subscribe to their monthly newsletter (AAII, that is) maybe 10-15 years ago and I found it quite good. However, as I recall, it wasn't cheap and I eventually decided to pull the plug. Don;t really have any updated info on them - although I'm still one their e-mail list, according to my spam folder.... :cool:

Edit: I just checked their website and a one year regular membership is $49 -- boy, am I a first class cheapskate or what? :D

Last edited:
I bought a lifetime membership to AAII at least a dozen years ago. The occasional item is useful and most of them are actually interesting. Nothing you couldn't get elsewhere, but usually presented well.

For checking out funds and ETFs I use schwab and fideliy's research... I prefer Schwab's site for this.

I joined AAII for a while, but was not thrilled with it.

AAII was my first real attempt to understand the stock market. I spent a lot of time working through their workbook and learned a lot. After that first learning curve, I lost interest and dropped them many years back. As I recall, they had some on-line stock screening tool, but I have pretty much stuck with index funds.

Back
Top Bottom