Another One Bites the Dust

Gone4Good

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Another celebrity stock picker proves herself to be a one hit wonder . . .

Whitney Falters in Trying to Repeat Success of Citigroup Call

Funny how often that happens. But you'll always have people making excuses . . .

“The calls that she’s making may not be the best calls right now, but a year from now, who knows?” said McCormick, whose company oversees $2.7 billion.

I recall a saying among traders: "You're not wrong, just early." It was never said as a complement.

Its hard to be upset when a gravedancer steps on a landmine.

Funny how often that happens. But you'll always have people making excuses . . .
So if she's managing "only" $2.7B, then how long should she cry enroute the bank?

Gender-biased schadenfreude. Elaine Garzarelli and Abby Joseph Cohen seem to be doing OK for themselves these days. For that matter, so are Chanos, Trott, and Li Lu. Life gets a lot easier out of the spotlight.

I'm not so sure about Mary Meeker and Henry Blodget, but at least one of them just doesn't know when to shut up.

I have seen some of her interviews and she never struck me as being real intelligent. I think I recall Joe Kernen on CNBC getting the best of her in an exchange & I found it odd that she couldn't mow him over with some analysis.

Lately, she seems to make outrageous "doomsday" calls hoping to hit another homerun.

Wow. I have always liked her, but I don't really follow her career. My observation- intelligence does not always show, but its lack is always clear.

Ha

Well, she was smart enough to cash in on her fame and started her own firm. I'm sure she is pulling down big dollars.

I have seen some of her interviews and she never struck me as being real intelligent. I think I recall Joe Kernen on CNBC getting the best of her in an exchange & I found it odd that she couldn't mow him over with some analysis.
Well, then, thank goodness for Jim Cramer...

About the only analyst I've paid any attention to in the last few years has been Alice Schroeder.

I assume all analysts, CEOs, and other talking heads are "talking" their book. Still, sometimes there's a bit of info in all that obfuscation... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom