Anyone for a Coke?

MDJO

Recycles dryer sheets
Bought 500 shares of KO this week. It's in a bit of a lull this year but the research I've read seems to indicate a turnaround in 2014. KO is ramping up its already strong presence in the China market. Any thoughts out there? It seem like a good time to get shares of a quality company with a reasonable dividend.:)

I like a dividend champ stock, I just worry with the healthy eating movements going on worldwide if the growth can continue for a company that sells drinks only. If only you could swap out the Pepsi in Pepsico for Coke, then you'd have a real champ of a beverage/food company :)

I much rather buy ETF than individual security. KO is the only notable exception to this rule. I own 4000 shares for about a decade now. (2000 before split).
Dividend increase every year is lovely thing......

BTW there are ETFs with low fees and collection of high quality companies like PEP and KO.

Owned it for a while. Like the dividend but not expecting anything great from here. But not planning on selling anytime soon either. Just another piece to the portfolio puzzle.

Here is a review from Value Line.

http://www3.valueline.com/dow30/f2084.pdf

Well S&P with 5 Stars and Morningstar with 4 Stars has better long term view of KO. You are likely to get dividend increase of 7-9 percent annually even during bear markets or financial crisis. That beats inflation rate with ease.

Give me ETF with such dividend history...

Well S&P with 5 Stars and Morningstar with 4 Stars has better long term view of KO. You are likely to get dividend increase of 7-9 percent annually even during bear markets or financial crisis. That beats inflation rate with ease.

Give me ETF with such dividend history...

I wasn't pushing any ETF's. So don't have any to give you. As far as S&P and Morningstar goes, I hope they are right. VL is not exactly negative, they are projecting total annual returns over the next 3-5 years of 10% on the low side and 15% on the high end of the range. Not bad in my book. I'm just a little concerned over the long haul due to the healthy diet trend. But I didn't buy it thinking it would be a home run stock. Just hoping for a steady performer. Hopefully it will continue to be one.

One dividend stock I wish I had never sold was PM. I owned it when it was $25 a share...that would be like a 8% dividend at today's price.

One dividend stock I wish I had never sold was PM. I owned it when it was $25 a share...that would be like a 8% dividend at today's price.

How about MO 13 years ago :)

That would spin off KFT shares for you.
Later it would spin off PM shares and you end up with trio of MO, KFT and PM. All 3 are pretty good companies.

I have been averaging into KO throughout the year.

Exactly what I am thinking of doing.

Anyone thinking about IBM? Different story there, feels like it has more downside to it for the short term, but my friends who know the stock think it could get down to $150...and at that price it would be an excellent buy.
:cool:

I much rather buy ETF than individual security. KO is the only notable exception to this rule. I own 4000 shares for about a decade now. (2000 before split).
Dividend increase every year is lovely thing......

BTW there are ETFs with low fees and collection of high quality companies like PEP and KO.

ETA, what names do you like in the ETF arena?

How about MO 13 years ago :) That would spin off KFT shares for you. Later it would spin off PM shares and you end up with trio of MO, KFT and PM. All 3 are pretty good companies.

And KFT would spin off to KRFT and MDLZ.

ETA, what names do you like in the ETF arena?

I would (and I did) buy VIG and SCHD because those 2 ETFs are collections of High Quality "Wide Moat" companies.

I think people who like KO will like VIG and SCHD.

I would (and I did) buy VIG and SCHD because those 2 ETFs are collections of High Quality "Wide Moat" companies.

I think people who like KO will like VIG and SCHD.

Thanks. I have had SCHD on my watch list for a while. Added VIG. Will probably add SCHD as I make some adjustments near end of year/beginning next year.

KO doing well today so far, up 1.41%. Some of my other boring stocks doing well too. MO up 1.35% and GIS up 1.42%. Maybe I will celebrate with a nap. :)

I have 250 shares of KO. Forget now, what I paid for it now, but I know it's up. Not by a huge amount, but steady. And, that dividend helps. It's just one part of my total portfolio, something to help keep it steady. I figure just like anything else, if the price goes up too much, I'll sell a bit off. If it drops too much, I'll buy a little more.

Back
Top Bottom