Bird watching - Black Swans

I read once that there is a huge dormant volcano in Wyoming and that if it ever became active and blew, it would make a large part of the USA uninhabitable for quite some time.

The Feds clamp down on legal pot. Crushing the economies of Colorado, California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Arizona, Vermont, etc....

AZ? MJ is not legal here. At least not yet.

A while back, I shared a link that shows the US has more natural disasters than many places on earth. It caught me by surprise. I guess if you grow up and live with droughts, floods, hurricanes, wild fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, northeasters, you take these as a fact of life, and forget that there are places that are spared these.

Boris Badenov returns to the USA with a new supply of Goof Gas and squirts all of our various leaders with it.

Last edited:
Here's one that might be happening now:

People move out of high cost of living areas like The Bay Area, So Cal, Seattle, NY and move to lower COL areas, thus causing a wide spread shift in economic power within the USA.

Last edited:
Here's one that might actually be happening:

People move out of high cost of living areas like The Bay Area, So Cal, Seattle, NY and move to lower COL areas, thus causing a wide spread shift in economic power within the USA.

It probably would happen too slowly to crush the current bull market.

A while back, I shared a link that shows the US has more natural disasters than many places on earth. It caught me by surprise. I guess if you grow up and live with droughts, floods, hurricanes, wild fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, northeasters, you take these as a fact of life, and forget that there are places that are spared these.

Medical is.

I read once that there is a huge dormant volcano in Wyoming and that if it ever became active and blew, it would make a large part of the USA uninhabitable for quite some time.

Just think what the ash in the atmosphere would do to all the solar cell generated electricity and hot water...the doomsayers are going to be caught off guard :)

Boris Badenov returns to the USA with a new supply of Goof Gas and squirts all of our various leaders with it.

I could also see him being installed as President of the USA as a result of Russian tampering with our election system. All sorts of shenanigans and doomsday scenarios would follow.

I could also see him being installed as President of the USA as a result of Russian tampering with our election system. All sorts of shenanigans and doomsday scenarios would follow.
The ice is getting mighty thin.

How 'bout this as thin ice?

MJ becomes so popular and widespread in North America, that people grow it in home gardens, windows planters, along sidewalks, and public places. Everybody uses it, from children to grandmas, blue collar workers to corporation CEOs and congressmen. Crime rate does go down a bit, as MJ proponents love to point out. The side effect is people are so chilled out, the economy slows down noticeably. Doctors and nurses abandon their work, policemen and firemen call in sick. Teachers chill out with students, and give everyone passing grades. Politicians stop fighting, and embrace each other. "We are all happy together as a big family", Congress majority and minority leaders declare on the steps of the Capitol, while lighting up each other toke for the photo op.

The only workers still gunho are immigrants, and they slowly acquire the assets of the natives, and the latter just do not care. "I have all the MJ I want, and everything else does not matter", they say.

Last edited:
...NOT! To be absolutely honest, if you gave me limitless power I'd be abusing it left and right. And I'm a nice person. Now imagine what bad people do when they gain power.

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

How would anyone notice?

MJ becomes so popular and widespread in North America, that people grow it in home gardens, windows planters, along sidewalks, and public places. Everybody uses it, from children to grandmas, blue collar workers to corporation CEOs and congressmen. Crime rate does go down a bit, as MJ proponents love to point out. The side effect is people are so chilled out, the economy slows down noticeably.

The only workers still gunho are immigrants, and they slowly acquire the assets of the natives, and the latter just do not care. "I have all the MJ I want, and everything else does not matter", they say.

Somebody has to make the Doritos, man. :LOL:

... "I have all the MJ I want, and everything else does not matter", they say.

Um, to my knowledge pot just isn't that 'good'. It's legal in WA, albeit newish, and the economy isn't exactly tanking.

Cyber attack on critical systems such as financial, defense, power grid, do scare me and I keep dried food and cash on hand to help for a few months (also for earthquake or power outage).

Y2K!

Oh wait, what century are we in?

Everyone realizes reincarnation is real and the lower classes promptly "reset" their lives, thereby leaving no one around to do the low-paying but essential stuff that keeps the economy (and life) running.

We get occasional earthquakes and sometimes a half inch of rain, other then that it is mostly tourists wandering around lost and falling off a cliff into the Pacific due to fog.

More seriously, how about a flu virus that mutates and kills millions with no known vaccination? Something similar to AIDS but that can be transmitted like a catching a cold.

More seriously, how about a flu virus that mutates and kills millions with no known vaccination? Something similar to AIDS but that can be transmitted like a catching a cold.

That Black Death killed half the people in Europe. If it happened once is it a black swan?

Big earthquake along the San Andres Fault causes California to slide into the ocean and disappear. Oh, wait, that would make the stock market go up, not crash!:D

All the major brokerage systems are hacked and our accounts all go to zero.

Back
Top Bottom