Company/Market/Industry research

younginvestor2013

Recycles dryer sheets
Where do you get your stock prices, company info and industry research to make buy/sell decisions? Obviously, there are many free channels such as Yahoo Finance - but most are limited to raw data with limited recommendations/opinions. Granted, I will admit I am a newbie to trading so I am sure there are more "free" sources. I've read around on marketwatch.com before.

What do you utilize? Free sources or paid sources?

I use thr market research tools at TD Waterhouse. In the US, that would be TD Ameritrade.

For a time I invested in individual stocks. My primary source of info was the SEC filings, and I used two subscription services, Morningstar and Valueline.

I read quite a bit in several Morningstar discussion forums. Recently I've been looking at a lot of commentary and discussion at seekingalpha.com. There is plenty of opinion at either site.

I have no need for company info nor industry research since I use ETFs that match indexes. I do need prices because I trade on technical indicators.

I download historical prices from finance.yahoo.com and run proprietary software that I have written myself. I use real-time Level II stocks quotes and graphs from my TDAmeritrade broker.

Nobody needs to go to the lengths I go to, but they can use my results as I have a market timing newsletter on the web that posts trades in near real-time ... at least real-time enough that the readers can also take advantage for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom