Did our market timers buy at the bottom?

How come no one thanked me for pointing out the bottom more than two months ago (post #1)? You've all made millions since, the least you could do... :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
LOL!

My Quicken display is looking a lot happier these days.

Maybe everyone decided Oct 15 was the "all clear" - just the calendar date.

I continued to make my monthly buys. It helped to have a discount, at least I hope it continues to be one.

I missed the first dip but was able to buy exactly at the 2nd dip. I used 1/2 of my "excess emergency money" to do the purchasing. I bought total stock market (Fidelity's version). Those shares are up around 8% now :)

This was my first go at creating a capital investment plan during pull backs and it seemed to work very nicely. Excited to see what happens the next go around when my system is turned back on.

How come no one thanked me for pointing out the bottom more than two months ago (post #1)? You've all made millions since, the least you could do... :D

I didn't buy, so all you did is make me feel bad about missing out ..

Thanks a lot.

;)

tax loss harvested out of some expensive funds that my old Financial planner had us in. Invested in some vanguard index funds all around the 1st of September so not at the very bottom. Not sure I made money but I sure love losing about 1% in expense ratio and having some capital losses to use in the future.

I funded both of our IRAs around the time of this timely thread and both are over $6000 today (funded with max $5500). Not shabby!

Back
Top Bottom