DOW heading 20K !

Too late.... she was thinking it!!!!

Ruh roh.

I would say time to put in the sell orders, but I *think* the rule is she actually has to use the word in a post before the market reacts. Haven't backtested that though.

I would say time to put in the sell orders, but I *think* the rule is she actually has to use the word in a post before the market reacts. Haven't backtested that though.

Well, we only have the one sample to go by. I think a good test would be to have everyone short the market, have W2R make the "Wh***!" post, and then we'll all collect.

But I do have to wonder if the SEC would consider that insider trading....

I have been doing very well selling when W2R starts getting enthusiastic.I just take some of my profits before it drops better than any newsletter.

The only time Cramer was ever right was when he made his field bet on some of the tech companies after the tech crash. Anyone that made that bet made money. I only bought Oracle, but I made some decent money on it.

The only time Cramer was ever right was when he made his field bet on some of the tech companies after the tech crash. Anyone that made that bet made money. I only bought Oracle, but I made some decent money on it.

I made a decent amount of money on Oracle . I was in an investment club and one of the members recommended it when it was a no nothing stock . We rode it all the way up and then got out before the crash.

He must have been right when he built his fortune, no?

I don't watch his shows but I can get why people are down on him.

But he's on TV. He must have a crystal ball. Right??

I'm thinking DOW 20k ain't happening this year and I suspect a big sell off next year.

If the market keeps on going up, that's fine.

If it doesn't, I will have a couple of call options expiring worthless in Jan 2017, and I pocket the premiums. They don't make me rich, but will pay for our airfare to Paris in the upcoming trip.

If the market keeps on going up, that's fine.

If it doesn't, I will have a couple of call options expiring worthless in Jan 2017, and I pocket the premiums. They don't make me rich, but will pay for our airfare to Paris in the upcoming trip.
Excellent, have fun!. I see that Swiss air has some first class tickets left over for their Seattle - Paris route $17,660/ea. Should be a nice trip :)

Maybe the Dow will hit 20,000 tomorrow. Don't know. A one day surge upwards by a mere 181 points would do it.

Still, I remember when the Dow went past 10,000 for the first time. I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like FOREVER. It would get close, then pull back, and so on. Sort of teased us for a while.

Excellent, have fun!. I see that Swiss air has some first class tickets left over for their Seattle - Paris route $17,660/ea. Should be a nice trip :)

Ummm... That takes a lot more than the premiums from my options. The tickets have actually been purchased, as reported here: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f46/anyone-got-any-travel-planned-51469-34.html#post1805536 I have yet another option out expiring in Feb, which will pay for tickets to/from LAX.

By the way, I will get the 1st class tickets after you get those fancy French Hi-Fi speakers that I suggested. ;)

Last edited:
I'm thinking DOW 20k ain't happening this year and I suspect a big sell off next year.

As a contrarian, I like hearing bearishness.

There is still today! Futures are up?

At best you can say: going, going,...

I think (i.e. this is pure conjecture) that the "market" is going down due to year-end pension fund re-balancing.

So due to equity gains, funds that are on glide paths are moving into more of a fixed income position as their funded status improves. This drives down stock prices and drives up bond prices.

Premarket of the first trading day of the year has a nice move up. Let the 20K chase resume.

Unemployment is low, consumer confidence is high, I'll stay for a while longer. I pay attention to the S&P, not the Dow. To me, it's just a number.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom