Foolproof market timing

jim584672

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a system, guaranteed to work 100% of the time.

When I buy something it immediately goes down, when I sell it immediately goes up.

:LOL:

I have the exact same problem all of the time. So, what do you think would happen if you posted when you were in and out of the market and I did the exact opposite trade? A tear in space time maybe? At least one of us will be right some of the time. :dance:

I think that would cause a tear in the fabric of reality and we would cease to exist. :)

It is like quantum physics, the act of observation changes the outcome, so posting the trade would change the outcome.

Last edited:

When I buy something it immediately goes down, when I sell it immediately goes up.

Hey, you stole my system! I bought individual stocks for the first time a few weeks ago. A few that I bought are Apple(aapl), Chevron(cvx), Verizon(VZ), and Tesla(tsla). I could not have had worse timing.

When you sell them let us know, i need some fast cash.

In a trade, there's a buyer and a seller. So, if you lose money, then someone else is making money, right? No, not necessarily. He was perhaps simply losing less than you did.

In a market downturn, very few actually makes money. Most lose money. I would just be happy to be losing less than my friends. On the other hand, in an up market you would have to be a real bozo to lose money.

I remember having a conversation with a relative after the stock crash in 2002-2003. He read that trillions were wiped out of the stock market. He wondered where the money went, and who had it. I explained that no one had it. The money just went back to where it came from: the thin air. Paper wealth is created and destroyed the same way.

....I remember having a conversation with a relative after the stock crash in 2002-2003. He read that trillions were wiped out of the stock market. He wondered where the money went, and who had it. ....

Hopefully not a blood relative! :D

I use the same system. So, when I want to buy a stock, I buy a few and when it goes down, I buy more. Likewise, when I want to sell my positions, I sell a few and then sell the rest of them when the stocks go up.

Back
Top Bottom