GE-Let's Hope This is the Last Shoe to Fall

I could see FD saying "in full disclosure, my clients just purchased this stock" or "I have recommended this stock in the past" or "I hold this stock myself" (just to show us he has a vested interest in the issue) but I don't think he violated anyone's privacy.

In full disclosure I still think GE makes only light bulbs.

Ok how is what FD is doing any different than a fund manager/financial adviser etc going on CNBC and saying we bought XYZ for our fund/clients.

FD's client are anonymous how is this possibly harmful to them. If anything it is beneficial, after all maybe Buffett is reading the boards and thinking about retirement, and decide Finance Dude is a smart guy, and decide it is time to buy a couple of billion of GE stock... Ok a bit of long shot but...

I didn't see original quote but I doubt FD posted any names. And I don't have a clue who FD works for or who he is, so what is the big deal anyway?:-\

I also don't see anything that FD did as not above board. He didn't list anybodys names here so whats the big deal.

FD, ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

Yep. 10/10 was the day the Dow hit the (so far) intraday low of 7,774.

That was quite a day. The close was at 8451, almost 9% higher than that 7774 intraday low.

Ha

Yep, I can't even look any more. I'm just sitting around watching reruns of Andy's Gang.

I don't remember it at all. I was in bed with the covers over my head...

I used to do that in college, but I always had my girlfriend with me..............:)

I didn't see original quote but I doubt FD posted any names. And I don't have a clue who FD works for or who he is, so what is the big deal anyway?:-\

Well, I removed the post as much as I could, just because I don't need the BS. Art G has been banned from the forum, and I was trying to put some perspective out there. Hopefully this area of the forum doesn't become like the Soapbox........:p

Well, I removed the post as much as I could, just because I don't need the BS. Art G has been banned from the forum, and I was trying to put some perspective out there. Hopefully this area of the forum doesn't become like the Soapbox........:p

FD don't stop posting here, I really think you add reason to the posts on this forum, and I found your post of NEOG a very interesting company.

I missed the reasoning, why do people keep highlighting October 10 as a probable capitulation date? I take it that it was the low point?

other than some technical analysis, if you look at a chart of any of the indexes you'll see that it's a huge day with a very low intraday low and a nice rally off that low on HUGE volume. on a 3 year chart at stockcharts it seems like the highest volume of the last 3 years.

days like this are historically reversal days where the pro's start getting back in while the retail investors start selling.

other than some technical analysis, if you look at a chart of any of the indexes you'll see that it's a huge day with a very low intraday low and a nice rally off that low on HUGE volume. on a 3 year chart at stockcharts it seems like the highest volume of the last 3 years.

days like this are historically reversal days where the pro's start getting back in while the retail investors start selling.

Or...it could be a "Dead cat bounce", or a "sucker rally".........:D

Thanks, I find the stock market mostly a mystery.

Realize that what you hear about the market in these pages does not go very far toward dispelling that mystery. :D

Ha

Maybe Suze Orman can dust off her "crystals" and give us a reading for the times ahead. I recall CFB made a lot of important decisions using his Magic 8 Ball..........:)

With respect to confidentiality, I think there is a difference between a fund manager who has $500MM AUM and a smaller investment advisor who might only have 30 or 40 clients. I don't know which situation FD falls into, it's up to him to decide what is in his clients' best interests. He can post what he wants.

My point was just that...even if I were not named, I would not want my doctor sharing information with a bunch of non-doctor strangers on what ailments he was currently treating (if my treatment was included). I wouldn't want my lawyer talking about his current case load with non-laywer strangers (if my case was among them). And I would expect the same sort of confidentiality from my financial advisor as well.

Soup, with all due respect. I don't get what you're saying. How would anyone be able to put this together and know they're talking about you.

With respect to confidentiality, I think there is a difference between a fund manager who has $500MM AUM and a smaller investment advisor who might only have 30 or 40 clients. I don't know which situation FD falls into, it's up to him to decide what is in his clients' best interests. He can post what he wants.

You are correct, you don't who I am, how many clients I have, what my AUM is, and its none of your business, frankly. As far as confidentiality rules, I haven't violated any, other than what your sense of confidentiality is.

My point was just that...even if I were not named, I would not want my doctor sharing information with a bunch of non-doctor strangers on what ailments he was currently treating (if my treatment was included). I wouldn't want my lawyer talking about his current case load with non-laywer strangers (if my case was among them). And I would expect the same sort of confidentiality from my financial advisor as well.

Since you don't have an FA, your expectations of what you would do if you had one are just that......hypothetical. You can always put me on ignore or contact me via PM rather than drag this out in the open. The fact that you chose to do neither is YOUR issue, but I guess I should have expected it.........:p

I would be willing to bet, all the above happens quite often.

I don't remember it at all. I was in bed with the covers over my head...

Surely, you had the laptop with you under the blanket, in order to take a peek at the forum to do some moderator edit?

Not only does it happen all the time, there's nothing wrong with it, and no breach of confidentiality. I do remember that much from the HIPAA class. However, if you are truly this paranoid about it (and this is the pot calling the kettle black), you should request this level of confidentiality from each of your professional service people directly, and probably in writing. Of course, that would just guarantee that at the next barbecue your doctor would be saying "can you believe what this one patient of mine did?". ;)

Back
Top Bottom