Goldman Sach tells High NW clients .. Bull Market will continue

Is there some reason to believe that Goldman knows anything about the future? Like, is there a published track record somewhere? I think not; those guys are too smart to leave tracks.

More monkeys throwing darts.

That's what I would think as well. I guess it makes for conversation, but that's probably all it's really worth?

-ERD50

Perhaps they needed the media spotlight...like someone else we all know lol

Is there some reason to believe that Goldman knows anything about the future? Like, is there a published track record somewhere? I think not; those guys are too smart to leave tracks.

More monkeys throwing darts.

They need buyers in the queue when the time comes to unwind their positions.

Don’t know what to think of Goldman Sachs. On March 9, 2009, when the market bottomed with the S&P500 breaking 700, Goldman Sachs warned it could go to 400.
"How low can stocks go?" That was the omnioius query topping The Wall Street Journal's Money and Investing section on March 9, 2009.

It wasn't an idle question. The Dow was on its fourth straight week of losses, while the broader S&P 500 was below 700 for the first time in 13 years. Goldman Sachs put out a research report that warned the S&P could fall as low as 400.
https://www.forbes.com/2010/03/06/m...personal-finance-march-2009.html#4ed5d3713a13

Last edited:
Sounds like she is trying to convince clients to stop redeeming their clients positions. This measure is wrong now. Yes if you look at CAPE you could argue....but we are advising our clients to stay invested.

100 billion a year in extra deficit spending from the tax cut.
Talk of a huge infrastructure bill. Talk of increasing defence spending. All on credit.
I'm hoping for a great 5 years till the hangover kicks in. Till then I'm partying like it's 1999.

Somewhat political..... but ok.

We have had major deficit spending for quite a while (~10 yrs?), when's the hangover kick in?

Somewhat political..... but ok.

We have had major deficit spending for quite a while (~10 yrs?), when's the hangover kick in?
Yes we have. Seems when things are going well in the past the US cut defect spending not increased it.
Hope I'm wrong, but I think there will be a piper to be paid down the road.

Also, how is this any more political than posts saying things are going to keep getting better due to the tax cuts and infrastructure bill? We're saying some what the same thing - This may keep the market sailing higher for years. - I'm just pointing out there probably will be negatives to go along with the positives.

Ah, now it makes sense. So, the equity allocation is 95% of 40%, so it's about really around 38% of the investment portfolio, and rental RE is around 60%. Not a bad allocation, certainly well diversified.

Yes, that was my thought too. Although several FA said I need bonds...

Back
Top Bottom