Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

Opened and closed under $5 today. Taking a breath or gasping for air?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not sure. I would guess taking a breath since there is no news positive or negative. I feared it might run back to the $4 area. I am making fat buck though in CLSN, up some $4000 today. Biotech is getting dangerously fun.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats on CLSN.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #84
Recycles dryer sheets

Anyone been buying on in the daily dips? Those thinking it has legs back to $6 would see nearly 40% profit.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #85

Endocyte has certainly crashed back to the $4s. They filed a shelf registration (not a offering yet) for $150m of stock which really cratered the price. I had hoped they would not do this until next year after they were into phase III on their new drug candidate. If they were to try and get $150m now, they would need to issue 50m shares at $3 or so, which would double the number of outstanding shares (huge dilution).

My big hope (which is really grasping at straws) is they want to get this set up legally so they can immediately sell into a pop on some form of news they know is coming soon. The last time they did an offering they timed it perfectly and sold into a pop to near $30 a share.

This is a tough segment to be invested. You don't *really* know if they are doing things just to continue paying their salary or if they actually are doing things to advance the drug pipeline.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
My big hope (which is really grasping at straws) is they want to get this set up legally so they can immediately sell into a pop on some form of news they know is coming soon. The last time they did an offering they timed it perfectly and sold into a pop to near $30 a share.
First I'm not aware of what cause the pops and drops in the past for Endocyte as I haven't tracked it, just more intrigued with recent pops in value.

As I look back at the charts, this had a quick pop from $15 to about $30/share in late March 2014. The in April there was issuance of 5 million shares (or roughly the same $150 million in value as this shelf offering). So timing of last issues did tie with the historic high stock price level so you could be onto something there.

The downside is within a few weeks after the new issues were offered the stock dropped to $6 range; the $150 million value in new issues was essentially vaporized along with $1.5 billion of value in the prior shares. Since then, this has been on a downward slippery slope to around a buck (exception being this recent nudge up). Using historical views it looks like once new shares are issued get out quickly.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #87

Yes, I think I will just bite the bullet and pay the taxes and full boat on ACA next year if I get a chance to sell during a really high pop. I may not get to that $30 a share but it was always kind of a pipe dream. A few months ago I was going to be overjoyed if they got bought out for $2.50 cash value!