HUM....a buy or sell here?

Art G

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is Humana a buy or sell at these prices? I can't yet find the reason for the halt and price drop today. Anyone help?

Thanks for the help guys. I went ahead and bought without ya'. So far, all looks good.

Health insurers tumble after New York AG launches industry-wide probe

HUM is probably one of the bigger offenders for manipulating reimbursement rates. UNH is being investigated, also a big offender. Further investigations may involve HUM so that is the reason for the drop.

Docs on the board could probably give more insight to health insurance companies shenanigans.

(Standard not financial advice disclosure)

Thanks, yeah I finally figured that out, however, I was under the gun as to whether or not to buy. I ended up getting the shares around $66.80.
I think UNH has other problems that may not relate to HUM.
Thanks anyway for responding

Thanks, yeah I finally figured that out, however, I was under the gun as to whether or not to buy. I ended up getting the shares around $66.80.
I think UNH has other problems that may not relate to HUM.
Thanks anyway for responding

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Looks like it was driven by WellPoint's earnings forecast... so, if you believe in the stock enough to buy it, then it's worth buying more now!

I'm a technical analyst. The theory I try to live by is, "if your reason for buying a stock has changed, then your reason for holding a stock has changed as well".
It has broken any support line I can find.

wellpoint warned on revenues a few days ago as well

recession means higher unemployment and less covered lives

I really think our next President will be paramount in deciding how this industry proceeds.

i live in NY state and we have halfway socialized medicine. it's nothing like the nonsense you hear on the news. in fact the catholic church manages a lot of it. it's an HMO that people can buy into, the premiums are based on income and there are deductibles.

any national universal care system will follow this model. massachusets is going as far as to require people to purchase insurance and to penalize them if they don't. it's going to be like driving soon. to live in society you will have to buy various insurance products to protect society from any accidents that may happen to you

Our next Pres. may allow buying insurance across state lines.

generally the rule is when things like this happen it's for a good reason and it's best to stay away

we have Reg FD, but the pro's still know more than the regular retail investor, they still get some inside info and that is why you have to watch the charts and the volume

average volume is just over 3 million shares, and today's volume was over 64 million. this means institutional investors are running for the exits and you don't want to get in the way. total of 170 million shares and 90 million traded in the last 2 days. stay away from this pig

Back
Top Bottom