Looks like we survived!

Red Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The 30th anniversary of Black Monday. Like most, I followed that sage old investment advice... Don't just stand there, do nothing!!!
YMMV :)

I bet there will be a relief effect tomorrow and everyone will be buying what they were afraid to buy today.

I thought it was humorous this morning before the bell, when the DOW stock futures were down over 100 points and there were many web articles along the lines of "DOW FUTURES SINK ON ANNIVERSARY OF BLACK FRIDAY"... as if there were a correlation between futures falling and the panic 30 years ago.

Wow, the annual return of the Dow from 10/19/1987 to 10/19/2017 has been about 9%.

It would be amazing if on 10/19/2047 we also had a 9% return but I don't see it being anywhere close to that. Maybe 5% if we are lucky.

Wow, the annual return of the Dow from 10/19/1987 to 10/19/2017 has been about 9%.

It would be amazing if on 10/19/2047 we also had a 9% return but I don't see it being anywhere close to that. Maybe 5% if we are lucky.

Could happen

The US is a resilient country, and we have survived substantial portions of our young killed off in wars, incompetent leadership, high inflation, etc. Still keep plugging along and expanding the pie.

I’m optimistic, but still plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom