More Worried About Markets Now Than Any Time Since 2009

I think bear mode is back, next stop S&P 1,680.
You can all buy now, since I am the ultimate contrary indicator.

I'm been nibbling slowly since I sold out at a high and buying back at a discount. I just take the emotion out. Buy a little bit everyday regardless. When it hit a new low I might go big.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm playing the bands... up and down with my "vegas money" and leaving the rest where it is.. took the cash I needed in Jan for the year, so now its just play to see if I can upgrade my vacations. its easy to make a couple hundred a day with little risk with these swings...but not productive for non-day traders.

Jim, could you get a little more gloomy about the market? ;)

+1000 the index increased 2% in the ~6 hours after his post. :dance:

He makes W2R look like a piker. Actually, now that I think of it, her specialty is calling tops, not bottoms.

With all this jubilation, there's a good chance the market will resume its slide tomorrow. :mad:

How good a chance? I'll say, around 50%.

With all this jubilation, there's a good chance the market will resume its slide tomorrow. :mad:

How good a chance? I'll say, around 50%.

I totally disagree. I think there is a 50% chance it rallies, based upon today's momentum.

I totally disagree. I think there is a 50% chance it rallies, based upon today's momentum.

Between you, you guys may be on to something!

Today, his 50% chance beats my 50%. :)

Last night, I checked and saw that the Chinese market went down 6%, and thought that today would be bad for the US too.

But the Dow proceeded to climb another 1.3%. I'll take that, but still say that there's a 50% chance the market drops tomorrow.

PS. After much reflection, I am willing to go up to 53.21% that the market will go down tomorrow.

Last edited:
The market shrugged off China, oil moving down in the morning. Looks like it wants to go higher. You can all panic, I am getting bullish!

Today, his 50% chance beats my 50%. :)

Last night, I checked and saw that the Chinese market went down 6%, and thought that today would be bad for the US too.

But the Dow proceeded to climb another 1.3%. I'll take that, but still say that there's a 50% chance the market drops tomorrow.

PS. After much reflection, I am willing to go up to 53.21% that the market will go down tomorrow.
I'm glad we now have a more accurate forecast service. All is well - but I'm sure with all the engineers at this forum we can do better than 2 digits after the decimal point forecast?

I'm glad we now have a more accurate forecast service. All is well - but I'm sure with all the engineers at this forum we can do better than 2 digits after the decimal point forecast?

Gah! I almost went blind, squinting hard to read off that last digit and still cannot please everybody.

That's it! I will not be giving out my free calculations anymore.

versa2.jpg

I've been away this week in the Atacama desert, no phones,no internet. Got back this evening and have not had a chance to look at the position, but if I had to guess it is probably down 10-12 percent. Bear market rallies can be brutal.

Back
Top Bottom