Next Dividend Purchase

Well, I bought 200 shares of CSCO under $19. Right now its not paying a dividend, but they announced they would.

I am still looking around for some really undervalued companies.
I bought some too. 1125 shares at 19.11. Last time they disapointed I bought at 19.54 and sold at 21.75 and made $1872. I hold a position and buy and sell to lower my cost basis and to add to my position. I have a sell in at 21.85 for 1000 of those shares.
kbst

Hi BUM,
What's a trad? BTW my wife retired last Febuary and I semied in July so we've been going down to the island about a week a month ever since. We ate at the senior center for the breakfast special in September and thought we would have seen you. We might have seen your wife.
I guess you're up north with the new grandchild from reading some of your threads. What an awful year to be in NY for the winter. We're going to try and go to KB around the end of the month for a week or so.
Best,
kbst

Trad is short for Traditional IRA. Congrats on your new retirement status. DW and I are off pancake breakfast duty. Maybe we can hook up at Jack Mackerals any Wednesday (tonight for example). Its 40% off nite!!!!!!:greetings10:

Trad is short for Traditional IRA. Congrats on your new retirement status. DW and I are off pancake breakfast duty. Maybe we can hook up at Jack Mackerals any Wednesday (tonight for example). Its 40% off nite!!!!!!:greetings10:
Bum,
We're coming down on the 23rd and will probably stay about a week. We always enjoy a good deal so Jack Mackerals on the 23rd? 7 PM?
kbst

Trade your Roth. Invest everything else. It's easier accounting.
kbst

I trade in a Roth IRA and a regular IRA (rolled over from 401k). The regular brokerage I keep blue chips.

Do you have to worry about the accounting for a traditional ira? Is it taxed like a 401k such that the tax rate is based on the amount withdrawn, and not the stock gains?

I trade in a Roth IRA and a regular IRA (rolled over from 401k). The regular brokerage I keep blue chips.

Do you have to worry about the accounting for a traditional ira? Is it taxed like a 401k such that the tax rate is based on the amount withdrawn, and not the stock gains?

eatingmywords,
As far as I know your traditional IRA will be taxed as income when you withdraw it. So you don't have to keep up with anything you just have to pay taxes on everything you withdraw. I trade my SEP also but not as much as my ROTH. Your not taxed on anything on your ROTH.
kbst

Back
Top Bottom