No one has mentioned FFIV

You guys are a lot tougher than I am - I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. And I thought I'd seen it all. Your radar is tuned well, at least for this board. :D

Damn, now what am I going to do with my 100% asset allocation in FFIV:confused:?

Hey, WS, weren't you 100% in beaver cheese futures some time ago? Sold them all to go into FFIV, didn't you? How did you make out with that commodity trade?

Decided to check it out.... 31 hours 11 minutes... anybody flame out faster:confused:
Not in recent memory. Some months back JohnGalt/JG/MRGALT2U tried to post under a new name, but as soon as a moderator read his post he was outta here.

A while before then the mods had identified a few poster names which had been "reserved" by OAP for use if/when he was banned. As soon as he'd post under them, they'd ban him. But that speedy response time was with forewarning.

Not in recent memory. Some months back JohnGalt/JG/MRGALT2U tried to post under a new name, but as soon as a moderator read his post he was outta here.

A while before then the mods had identified a few poster names which had been "reserved" by OAP for use if/when he was banned. As soon as he'd post under them, they'd ban him. But that speedy response time was with forewarning.

Yea.... but.... he WANTS to post here... so I would put them in different categories... this guy came and voluntarily went quickly... heck MMND lasted a long time compared to this guy...

Since this site is full of useful information - and since I obviously don't fit the mold here with regard to my investment approach - I'd like to respectfully request that permission be granted for my observance in silence from this point forward.

Don't take it personally, but always remember what your mother taught you: "if you can't say something nice"......................................................

Damn, now what am I going to do with my 100% asset allocation in FFIV:confused:?

For now, cry in your beer.

Real-time equity news U.S. stock market report 1715 ET 19Jan2011-F5 Networks continues to plunge, drags down tech peers ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shares of F5 Networks plummeted 23 percent to $106.85 in extended trading, also knocking down its tech peers. The network equipment maker reported weaker-than-expected first-quarter revenue and forecast second-quarter revenue below Wall Street estimates. For details, see Shares of rival network equipment maker Juniper Networks Inc fell 3.8 percent to $35.50 after the bell, data center services provider Equinix Inc also slumped 3.8 percent to $83.25, and cloud pioneer Salesforce.com Inc lost 6 percent to $132.50. F5 Networks' big competitor Cisco Systems shed 0.5 percent to $20.72. Reuters Messaging: alina.selyukh.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net

Well, I am not the one crying this time...

Bought FFIV at $21.75 on 1/9/2008. Sold half at $142.14 on 1/12/2011.

Then, when the recent quarterly report came out, sold the remaining half at $112.59 on 1/20/2011.

Today, 1/24/2011, it is at $105.38.

I have made a couple of round trips on FFIV before. Let's see...

Bought at $17.47 on 5/16/2000. Sold at $22.50 on 6/12/2000. Forgot why I held it for only a month.

Bought at $29.31 on 12/24/2007. Sold at $28.12 on 12/31/2007. Wow, only held it for a week that time. Wonder what made me change my mind so quickly.

Anyway, it was the third trade that made me the most money after holding it for 3 years. Darn, if only I had bought more than just 100 shares. Still, the gain of more than $10K was almost enough to give to my daughter as the down payment on the townhouse she is buying. Nice...

Back
Top Bottom