NVDA?

SoReadyToRetire

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone follow Nvidia? Got any thoughts (ie, guesses) on how their earnings will go on Thursday? Charts showing anything scary, for you technical traders?

With all due respect, you're scaring me. Seems like you are throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks... or thinking of swinging for the fences. Most of us are just investing our retirement stash in boring index stocks and CDs... 15% YTD.

Any thoughts on the best way to teach myself how to play with stock options?

Thinking I may like to dabble a little and see if I can get the hang of it, once I have more free time. DH just ordered a CD from some guy we saw on TV that supposedly is a wizard at it.

How did YOU learn?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, and part of the reason I want to do it is so I can focus more on possibly starting my own online business. ....

Just wondered if anyone here has started an online business, either before or after RE.

One of the causes close to my heart these days is helping widows. Two of my three sisters lost their husbands unexpectedly at young ages, leaving them needing help with a lot of things their husbands used to do. I've thought of setting up something where people could volunteer to help widows with things like home repairs, lawn mowing, moving things, etc.--but the security issues give me pause (ie, identifying someone as a widow who lives alone, AND giving strangers access to their homes, among other things).

Not sure--still pondering all the thousands of possibilities. But I'd love to hear others' experiences with this.
I know this is probably a dumb question--but it's a serious one, so please just humor me with your responses. I haven't retired yet, but almost.

I have $315K in one IRA and $140K in a 401k.

I'd like to have the IRA generate a passive income of $10k-$12k/year.

Is it possible to generate that kind of an income by putting the entire balance of $315K into a single income-producing mutual fund?

Has anyone read this book, or are you familiar with their work (Brett Owens & Tom Jacobs)?:

How to Retire on Dividends: Earn a Safe 8%, Leave Your Principal Intact

I guess the gist of it is investing in closed-end bond funds and REITs, etc. I just skimmed the portion they allow you to see on Amazon.

Sounds interesting (but the last time I owned a REIT I hated it because it did absolutely nothing).

What's the deal with closed-end bond funds? Anyone here invest in them?

If I had had the foresight I would have bought into NVDA before the whole bitcoin thing, but then really it would have been better to just buy bitcoin.

I make my money in biotech for now. I am currently sitting out but would jump back into Merck or possibly BMY or Gilead on a big drop. All you have to do is wait for some politician to say something and you can buy in at a 10% discount, then sell a few days later. I have done it about 10 times in the past two years.

Back
Top Bottom