Join Early Retirement Today

opinions on the prospects of this Stock
Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

opinions on the prospects of this Stock

Hydrogenics Corp.(hygs)

This is a renewable energy company that trades at $1.04 currently.

They just recieved a $1.7million order for three fuel cell hybrid midibuses.

95Million market cap, assets 98million, liabilities 30million.

I wanted opinions on the prospects of this stock taking off in a few years given the initiatives being taken about renewable energy sources

More info @ HYGS: Balance Sheet for HYDROGENICS CORP - Yahoo! Finance
eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

eddieb:

I am unsure of your intent in your question. While this section of the forum is about stock picking and security analysis, penny stocks are not really the focus on here.

Some of us like me have experience in penny stocks, suffice it to say 99.9% of my experience has been downright awful.

While I can't control what YOU do with YOUR money, I can say the chances of "hitting it big" on the "next big thing" are slim to none.

Why don't you research the stock, and post an analysis of what YOU think? Most folks on here buy stocks that are listed on a major exchange and have shown consistency for making money, etc. BTW, one little nugget of wisdom: What a stock SELLS for is in direct correlation to what the masses think the value SHOULD be, not what they PRAY IT to be.

There are exceptions to this of course, but not many. As far as I can recall, Microsoft never sold for pennies...........

Please refrain from posting 30 different stocks that noone has ever heard of, you need to come to the party with at least a couple beers.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
Hydrogenics Corp.(hygs)

This is a renewable energy company that trades at $1.04 currently.

They just recieved a $1.7million order for three fuel cell hybrid midibuses.

95Million market cap, assets 98million, liabilities 30million.

I wanted opinions on the prospects of this stock taking off in a few years given the initiatives being taken about renewable energy sources

Hydrogen fuels cells business--intriguing. But so far looks like a crap shoot. Three year earnings record available, losses each year. Sales for 06 declined from 05, but 07 to date looks up again slightly. LT Debt almost nil, and good cash/shortterm invests position. They are shutting their "Test" segment down, but it was a small part of company.

If you have funds earmarked for "speculation" you might put some of those here. I certainly would not jump in fast just because they got a $1.7 mil order today.

If you can afford to lose your entire stake you bet on this company, then you can consider placing the bet.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
Hydrogenics Corp.(hygs)

My suggestion to trade penny stocks is to read Weinstein's Book (winning on bull & bear markets). To cut the story short, you should have a decent basement, then a breakout with volume, then a small pullback (where you enter if not done on a buy stop order when the stocks rocket off the base) and then you let run with a protective stop under.

NONE of these caracteristics apply for the aforementioned stock which I would so far 100% avoid...