Opinions wanted: How much should I offer?

I think that post got deleted, and the poster has been banned. The (not so) secret code is to look at the OP's handle now:

QuantGuy
gone traveling

-ERD50

Sounds like I missed a fun juvenile outburst. Dagnabbit!

Sounds like I missed a fun juvenile outburst. Dagnabbit!

I happened to see it before it got deleted. "juvenile outburst" is a pretty good description. But you didn't miss much ;)

-ERD50

I happened to see it before it got deleted. "juvenile outburst" is a pretty good description. But you didn't miss much ;)

-ERD50

But, but, but.... I was just going to get soda and popcorn!!!

Someone calling him/herself Quantastic posted this same question in the citydata retirement forum, and got an even less cordial reception than here.

Someone calling him/herself Quantastic posted this same question in the citydata retirement forum, and got an even less cordial reception than here.
Nothing escapes people reading this forum. :)

I searched and found it. Exact same wording.

Nothing escapes people reading this forum. :)

I searched and found it. Exact same wording.

That's one of the things I love about this forum! The BS detectors are always on and set to 'high'. Great group of knowledgeable folk here!

Wow, you guys are GOOD Trollbusters.

I was all ready to convince Mulligan to sell every one of his illiquid utility preferreds and go all in. :LOL:

I, too, think this may have been a troll outing. But it is possible that a previously unexploited opportunity exists in the investing world, that only requires some capital to make significant money at low risk. I actually know of someone who did this. First they proved the concept with small investments of their own money and kept meticulous records. Next they sought out deep pocket investors who were willing to take a flier and actually found a $1 million dollar investor. Then they made everyone very very wealthy.

All I can say is that the people who actually can do this, also can find the support they need to make it real. Talk is cheap. If your method is that good, why would you want to share it with anyone?

....................Talk is cheap. If your method is that good, why would you want to share it with anyone?

Exactly why I never attend investment seminars or buy investment newsletters.

My suspicion is that he wants to crowd source a range of interest rates that will serve as a sweet spot for the gullible.

Odd choice to post this scam here. The ER crowd must be one of the toughest, most experienced, least gullible groups on the interwebs.

Back
Top Bottom