Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
penny otc.ob stocks?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
penny otc.ob stocks?

Anyone do any Penny OTC stock trading?

Not sure if you guys got some hot stock tips, watch lists etc. Im always looking for other stocks besides OTC too.

I usually trade on a daily/weekly basis...
I have a list of stocks id like to share but don't know if it will get deleted etc for my personal watch list and stocks im in?

I'd personally would like to see everyone's insight on what looks good to buy or what dip price your waiting on etc.
__________________

__________________
rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Dryer sheet aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
I'll put it all on black. Common baby mama needs a new Cadillac!
__________________

roadtoharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Moemg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarasota,fl.
Posts: 10,030
I occasionally buy penney stocks with my fun money .I have XKEM and BKMP .I'm frustrated with BKMP because even with all the positive announcements it never goes anywhere . Were you in on the wild Paivis ride ? I find it interesting how easily these stocks are manipuated . If anything they have entertainment value .
__________________
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lou-evil
Posts: 2,025
How bout changing your question to: How many people reached ER via penny stocks?
__________________
"These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them"
wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 301
I've made 100% on one penny stock, spzi.pk.

Kind of exciting to have 27,000 shares, until you realize that it's only a couple hundred bucks.

Purely entertainment value.

- John
__________________
runchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I occasionally buy penney stocks with my fun money .I have XKEM and BKMP .I'm frustrated with BKMP because even with all the positive announcements it never goes anywhere . Were you in on the wild Paivis ride ? I find it interesting how easily these stocks are manipuated . If anything they have entertainment value .
I do the same trade with extra fun/profit money. Checked out xkem/bkmp didn't like the vol. & current direction they are at or heading.

Thanks for sharing!

Overall Im on the positive side. Made 100%+ on some and lost 10-15% on others. My range of investment is anywhere from $500 to $2k(extreme filling my current position on the dips if goes high or lower).

I DON'T suggest anyone to buy my stock watch/buys etc, so do so at your own risk and have fun. Comments welcome & please post some stock tips, what your watching, what you bought, comments, & sites etc.

*Here's my Watch List and comments
AAGH too high but watching the news etc
EMHDE damn didn't buy (no guts) to pull the trigger last week at .012
DORB just don't know about this one, doesn't draw my interest
PTSC old time player made few $k in 1999/2006, only buy again at 0.12ish
IMOT mabe if dives down, but not at these levels
CBAI low but odd copany for my buying in blood, mabe if it dumps more

*Here are my Unsure Of or that I have Bought/Sold Resently
GSCR looking to get back in at .005-.0045 if vol is still high + buy pow
IHGR possibly looking to get in at .0012 and hold
FMLY mabe at .0005 or .0004 again
GRUS waiting for the triple .000 level vs the .00's (ROCK ON!) hehe :>
ARSC got .0003 sold half my shares .007, looking to dump the rest if fall below .00062
UPDA bought some at .038 and im on hold (wait) watching daily
PWTC is it at rock bottom yet, not sure...?
QMMG taking a dump, can't say if there would be support at .0028 to buy in
IPHE interesting poss quick buy/sell, risky will it go back up or to .0015 soon
MBAH mabe at .0005 or lower
ACHI got in at .010 looking to sell at .013 but will sell if drops below .012
SMTR bottom junk, should buy or wait for more dump?
__________________
rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by runchman View Post
I've made 100% on one penny stock, spzi.pk.

Kind of exciting to have 27,000 shares, until you realize that it's only a couple hundred bucks.

Purely entertainment value.

- John
Nice, got on my watch list if I can ever get in at .002-003 again before the resent july boom!
__________________
rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lou-evil
Posts: 2,025
Hmm my opinion is that it's a slime ball game. People post their crappy penny stocks on the net and via email so other speculators err investors pump up the price on low volume,illiquid stocks and then dump 'em. Fun to watch? Most of the normal movement is just bid/ask spreads which usually suck x 2 if you are trying to sell. That sums up my thoughts.

Quote:
I DON'T suggest anyone to buy my stock watch/buys etc, so do so at your own risk and have fun. Comments welcome & please post some stock tips, what your watching, what you bought, comments, & sites etc.
No worries, I woudn't dare bother.
__________________
"These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them"
wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 18,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawg View Post
Anyone do any Penny OTC stock trading?
rawg, let me turn the question around: What do you find appealing in penny stocks?

The normal stock market is subject to cheating, inside trading, misleading reports and possible manipulation.

Multiply all that by 1000x for penny stocks. Thinly traded, high bid/ask, no reporting, often just paper shells of a company, and manipulated like crazy. Why put your money there, I don't get it?

I know people who bought a penny stock, through their broker, and it turns out the company really didn't even own these shares. I have no idea how this could actually happen, but it really did, and those people were left high/dry and their broker did not come to their rescue. I don't think that could happen on the NYSE, AMEX or Naz.

I know someone who worked for a penny stock company. The CEO routinely manipulated the stock - he got caught, I didn't follow up on the outcome.

I went to Vegas once, ended up $80 ahead, never went back. I suggest you do the same.

But if you want, keep all that money in one account, and track your liquid value over time. See if all those 10% losses don't wipe out the occasional 100% gainers.

-ERD50
__________________
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
But if you want, keep all that money in one account, and track your liquid value over time. See if all those 10% losses don't wipe out the occasional 100% gainers.

-ERD50
That's exactly my approach - a little (very little!) tdameritrade account on the side to accomplish 2 things:

1 - satisfy my desire for some stock picking / speculation
2 - remind me, when I see my crappy performance, why 99% of my investments are in the boring indexes.

- John
__________________
runchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 961
sorry, too much fraud for my tastes.

re: BKMP - why on earth would you want to own a company that illegally spun off over 50 companies and used to be controlled by a lady [Elvira Gamboa] that ran her own fake country?

Dominion of Melchizedek
__________________
ats5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Moemg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarasota,fl.
Posts: 10,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats5g View Post
sorry, too much fraud for my tastes.

re: BKMP - why on earth would you want to own a company that illegally spun off over 50 companies and used to be controlled by a lady [Elvira Gamboa] that ran her own fake country?

Dominion of Melchizedek
It's like going to a casino and making a bet .Maybe you'll lose & maybe you"ll win . I only do this with fun money .
__________________
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #13
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Usually I find the company itself appealing - what they do etc.
It can also be the growth in revenues, while othertimes its the pr news along with the buying low to sell high based on news and the past 5 years chart analyst. Overall its taking a gamble, but you can make the right move most of the time.
Example with PTSC i bought back in 1999 and sold in $5 range making few k.
Again in 2005 I got back in based on it being cheap and somr pr news coming out and sold just below $1.40. But now I wouldn't buy them unless the price went down near .10.

I try to look for heavly trading otc stocks. I do understand about the cheating, manipulation etc. Wouldn't put all your cash in these, just for fun.I like to see what others are buying and if I like the co look in tehre is a cheap $ to get in.

I understand what your saying, but overall im up alot. I do take a lose here and there but its nothing to my overall gain.

Im not trying to pump these stocks, most I listed I wouldn't buy unless they hit pretty low $ and have some vol etc backing. As for ARSC which I dumped half my shares at this point I wouln't want anyone to get in at these levels, unless you see something I don't see or want to poss lose your $.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
rawg, let me turn the question around: What do you find appealing in penny stocks?

The normal stock market is subject to cheating, inside trading, misleading reports and possible manipulation.

Multiply all that by 1000x for penny stocks. Thinly traded, high bid/ask, no reporting, often just paper shells of a company, and manipulated like crazy. Why put your money there, I don't get it?

I know people who bought a penny stock, through their broker, and it turns out the company really didn't even own these shares. I have no idea how this could actually happen, but it really did, and those people were left high/dry and their broker did not come to their rescue. I don't think that could happen on the NYSE, AMEX or Naz.

I know someone who worked for a penny stock company. The CEO routinely manipulated the stock - he got caught, I didn't follow up on the outcome.

I went to Vegas once, ended up $80 ahead, never went back. I suggest you do the same.

But if you want, keep all that money in one account, and track your liquid value over time. See if all those 10% losses don't wipe out the occasional 100% gainers.
-ERD50
__________________

__________________
rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Do Stocks Go Up? wabmester FIRE and Money 75 08-14-2006 12:17 PM
The "New" Value Stocks wildcat FIRE and Money 26 03-04-2006 09:43 AM
Penny stock investing? Olav23 FIRE and Money 5 12-15-2005 09:33 AM
Swedroe comments on buying individual stocks. Nords FIRE and Money 27 10-12-2005 10:20 PM
Question on Dividend Stocks or Funds modhatter FIRE and Money 43 10-03-2005 10:11 AM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.