Preferred Stock Investing-The Good , The Bad and The In Between 2015 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim McPartland got a lot of people out of this last week when he read they were refinancing debt.

What the heck is going on with GWSVP? Huge volume and price is way down.

It got called.

Man, I have been without internet for a few days... yard people cut my line and it just got restored...

Well, I am taking a loss from where it was... not great, but at least it was good while it lasted...

Any news on when it will happen?

Man, I have been without internet for a few days... yard people cut my line and it just got restored...

Well, I am taking a loss from where it was... not great, but at least it was good while it lasted...

Any news on when it will happen?

Texas I read 6/29 and you get a 20 cent interest payment.

Thanks to all your posting of the last year, I now have nine preferreds:
AILLL, CHSCO, CNLPL, GMREPA, LANDP, MNR-C, NSS, SPLP-A, TYPR.
I want one more to buy and hold.
Any suggestions?
Ric

Well I own the following based on this thread/Mulligan:

AILLL
ALLPRG
BOFIL
CNLPL
CNTHP
CHSCM
KTBA
KTH
KYNPRF
WFCPRL

The only one below where I bought it is KTBA as it just paid it's biannual dividend.

Thanks to all your posting of the last year, I now have nine preferreds:
AILLL, CHSCO, CNLPL, GMREPA, LANDP, MNR-C, NSS, SPLP-A, TYPR.
I want one more to buy and hold.
Any suggestions?
Ric

I would suggest adding a short term dated issue in...Like RILYL under $25.50... That will blend in with your LANDP term dated issue nicely.

Well I own the following based on this thread/Mulligan:

AILLL
ALLPRG
BOFIL
CNLPL
CNTHP
CHSCM
KTBA
KTH
KYNPRF
WFCPRL

The only one below where I bought it is KTBA as it just paid it's biannual dividend.
Thanks Capjak,
Any suggestions of what to buy now?

Hi Capjack,
I’ve waiting for WFCPRL to go under 1250.
Do you think the bad news reports about WFC should cause a concern about purchasing WFCPRL?

Hi Capjack,
I’ve waiting for WFCPRL to go under 1250.
Do you think the bad news reports about WFC should cause a concern about purchasing WFCPRL?

No, I do not see a big impact, but minor with the fed limiting its expansion it should have more cash on hand for buybacks and dividends, so I see it as a good longterm play, buy/hold 4ever. It just went dividend 5/31.

I think below $1250 would be a good buy for someone holding it like I do. I purchased the bulk of mine in 2016 for $1167 some at $1216

My stash of preferreds has really rolled over from even at beginning of the year. Up 8.6% last I checked on my preferreds this year. Bought 107 more shares of EGRKM a dollar below anticipated redemption price. Will get the full dividend on top. I have a buttload of these Entergy Ark issues now. Dabbled in some CTV and CNIGP today also. This is what I have as of today..
EGRKM, EGRKH, EGRKI, EGRKM, CTV, NGL-B, IPWLK, CTGSP, FIISO, CNIGP, NSS, RILYL, KTBA, BRG-A, LANDP, MSEXP, and PFX.

Texas I read 6/29 and you get a 20 cent interest payment.

I have looked and cannot find anything talking about the call... but I probably was stuck with the cap loss as soon as it was announced...

Just did a quick calc and I have had it for 2 years... return was a bit over 7% net yield... not bad at all...

Now will have to reinvest...

I have looked and cannot find anything talking about the call... but I probably was stuck with the cap loss as soon as it was announced...

Just did a quick calc and I have had it for 2 years... return was a bit over 7% net yield... not bad at all...

Now will have to reinvest...

I will take 7% every year guaranteed, no problem....Did you look in your brokerage website personal messenges section? I have noticed many of these more illiquid issues dont have a public announcement. Just a message from your brokerage telling you when and how much is being redeemed. Hard to believe you have been playing this game over 2 years already!

I will take 7% every year guaranteed, no problem....Did you look in your brokerage website personal messenges section? I have noticed many of these more illiquid issues dont have a public announcement. Just a message from your brokerage telling you when and how much is being redeemed. Hard to believe you have been playing this game over 2 years already!

Yea, kinda surprised me also... I just looked and have been flipping since Sep 2016... started to do flipping more the last two months and so far doing quite well... last 2 months have $1800 gain with $24K for investing... 1/3rd of that is one flip where they had withheld divis for awhile and were making them up... so I doubt I will continue at this pace...

I have also had 5 or 6 calls since starting, so that is a bummer...

Yea, kinda surprised me also... I just looked and have been flipping since Sep 2016... started to do flipping more the last two months and so far doing quite well... last 2 months have $1800 gain with $24K for investing... 1/3rd of that is one flip where they had withheld divis for awhile and were making them up... so I doubt I will continue at this pace...

I have also had 5 or 6 calls since starting, so that is a bummer...

Speaking flipping, I guess I have also. I looked at what I owned in December. Of the 17 issues I had then, I only presently own 3 of them. And only FIISO was untraded of those 3. By coincidence only I have 17 issues now.

I have Vanguard and I have looked all over the place and there is nothing about the call.... period...

I have been thinking of moving my brokerage to Merril Edge... free trades and some good rewards on a CC...

Vanguard has been pretty bad lately... they do not care about the cost basis of your IRA accounts and when they screw it up they do not fix it... I have also checked a few times and the gain they calculate has been wrong...

I have Vanguard and I have looked all over the place and there is nothing about the call.... period...

I have been thinking of moving my brokerage to Merril Edge... free trades and some good rewards on a CC...

Vanguard has been pretty bad lately... they do not care about the cost basis of your IRA accounts and when they screw it up they do not fix it... I have also checked a few times and the gain they calculate has been wrong...

I also can't find anything in any of my accounts about the call. The only thing I've seen is the blog post we've all seen.

I also can't find anything in any of my accounts about the call. The only thing I've seen is the blog post we've all seen.

Just looked at Quantumonline and they now have it there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom