Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #1061
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
You may win the battle Coolius... She may not know how or be able to dump these shares, ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If little Coolus's are around, that may be their problem someday.

Man, you guy's are on a roll!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #1062
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
If little Coolus's are around, that may be their problem someday.

Man, you guy's are on a roll!

I should have bought more, but I dont trust banks and I have never even heard of this bank either... Besides the fear to me is always "BANKruptcy"... It was never termed "UTILITYruptcy" for a reason.
Speaking of them...Getting bold..Just bought back 100 more of BGLEN at $103.01 today...Back over 600 shares... The divi of $1.76 is all but in the bag...Now its time to stare them down and dare them to call it with the divi... I bought 800 on the call scare off a few months ago and even snagged $1.76 on half of those last quarter...Been churning and flipping them frequently past 2 months so even if called I have made it a profitable event..
I would much rather play with fire on a call with a safe higher yielding issue than throw in the towel and load up on 5% ers....

Old 08-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #1063
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolius View Post
Once I go under, it's up to the wife what she wants to do with them.

It's a shootout at the OK Corral, on the right, FIISO shares of Coolius, on the left, with shiny VISA credit cards in her holster, Mrs. C.

Guess who wins? And how quickly ?

RIP, FIISO

Well the good news is we are starting out on the right foot...In less than 30 days it will go exD and we will pocket $2.12 a share right out of the gate!

Old 08-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #1064
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Well the good news is we are starting out on the right foot...In less than 30 days it will go exD and we will pocket $2.12 a share right out of the gate!

Where do you get the dividend schedule from? Could not find it on the regular sites I visit, such as Dividend.com & QOL.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #1065
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolius View Post
Where do you get the dividend schedule from? Could not find it on the regular sites I visit, such as Dividend.com & QOL.

It hasnt been officially declared, but I look at last year...Almost all companies use corresponding yearly dates on everything...That is why I knew Ameren was going to declare next divi for their preferreds today. Here is Morningstar link..Look at right side of page and you will see when it was declared in August of 2015.
http://quotes.morningstar.com/stock/...2264&ops=clear

Old 08-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #1066
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I should have bought more, but I dont trust banks and I have never even heard of this bank either... Besides the fear to me is always "BANKruptcy"... It was never termed "UTILITYruptcy" for a reason.
Speaking of them...Getting bold..Just bought back 100 more of BGLEN at $103.01 today...Back over 600 shares... The divi of $1.76 is all but in the bag...Now its time to stare them down and dare them to call it with the divi... I bought 800 on the call scare off a few months ago and even snagged $1.76 on half of those last quarter...Been churning and flipping them frequently past 2 months so even if called I have made it a profitable event..
I would much rather play with fire on a call with a safe higher yielding issue than throw in the towel and load up on 5% ers....

So YOU are the one front running!!!

I have had an order in for 102.75 and it has been sitting at the top for a few days and I have watched a few 103s go by... might have to bite the bullet and raise my bid!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #1067
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
So YOU are the one front running!!!

I have had an order in for 102.75 and it has been sitting at the top for a few days and I have watched a few 103s go by... might have to bite the bullet and raise my bid!!!

Dont feel bad Texas...Some AHole front ran me yesterday.. I saw a $102.75 (so that was yours, sorry). I saw last trade was $102.80 but only 20 shares... So I went a penny above last 100 lot trade...Then somebody front ran me at $103.05, then some bot front ran him the first 200 shares at $103.0501. But he did eventually get his yesterday, and mine finally fell my way this morning... I think there are a few itchy trigger finger sellers fearing a call with the divi...I think it makes no sense to call it 3 months later otherwise it would have been done then. Plus BGLEH could get called on its own as it is a lot bigger and a higher payer too.
Btw- Ameren declared all dividends for all preferred stocks for the following quarter too, today.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #1068
Give me a forum ...

Well, it looks like someone is dumping BGLEN....

I had changed my order to $103 and it hit this morning... but now they are selling at $102.26...
Old 08-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #1069
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
Well, it looks like someone is dumping BGLEN....

I had changed my order to $103 and it hit this morning... but now they are selling at $102.26...

Bad news Texas....It appears BGE is raising a bond offering to potentially call both preferreds and some other debt... It just came out today...
USE OF PROCEEDS
We anticipate our net proceeds from the sale of the notes will be approximately $ after deducting underwriting discounts and estimated offering expenses. We intend to use the net proceeds we receive from the issuance and sale of the notes to repay $300,000,000 of our 5.90% Series B notes due October 1, 2016, to repay a portion of our outstanding commercial paper obligations and for general corporate purposes. As of August 11, 2016, we had $324 million of outstanding commercial paper obligations, which had remaining maturities of less than 30 days and annual interest rates ranging from 0.65% to 0.80%. We may also use a portion of the net proceeds from the sale of the notes to redeem some of our preference stock, of which there is $90 million aggregate principal amount currently outstanding with annual dividend rates ranging from 6.70% to 6.97%. If we do not use the net proceeds immediately, we may temporarily invest them in short-term, interest-bearing obligations.
RATIO OF EARNINGS TO FIXED CHARGES

Old 08-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #1070
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bad news Texas....It appears BGE is raising a bond offering to potentially call both preferreds and some other debt... It just came out today...
USE OF PROCEEDS
We anticipate our net proceeds from the sale of the notes will be approximately $ after deducting underwriting discounts and estimated offering expenses. We intend to use the net proceeds we receive from the issuance and sale of the notes to repay $300,000,000 of our 5.90% Series B notes due October 1, 2016, to repay a portion of our outstanding commercial paper obligations and for general corporate purposes. As of August 11, 2016, we had $324 million of outstanding commercial paper obligations, which had remaining maturities of less than 30 days and annual interest rates ranging from 0.65% to 0.80%. We may also use a portion of the net proceeds from the sale of the notes to redeem some of our preference stock, of which there is $90 million aggregate principal amount currently outstanding with annual dividend rates ranging from 6.70% to 6.97%. If we do not use the net proceeds immediately, we may temporarily invest them in short-term, interest-bearing obligations.
RATIO OF EARNINGS TO FIXED CHARGES

Gee... great

At least I got my $200 from selling at $105.... and a divi coming up...

So, if they call right away it looks like I am close to break even... maybe a small loss...
Old 08-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #1071
Give me a forum ...

As Coolius would tell me, calm down the battle isnt over yet!
I sold 400 at $103 today...But I kept 200 for the heck of it. Besides, my thought is stay calm, as they may not announce anything until after divi declaration... Snag it then throw them out to some nit wit and you still may make money yet!!!! BGLEH acted today like nothing happened. Bidder at $103.01 and ask $107... No shares trading....I made some darn good money flipping this bad boy over the past year and its sisters too. A shame to see this little friend had to go...

Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 PM   #1072
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I sold 400 at $103 today...But I kept 200 for the heck of it. Besides, my thought is stay calm, as they may not announce anything until after divi declaration... Snag it then throw them out to some nit wit and you still may make money yet!!!! BGLEH acted today like nothing happened. Bidder at $103.01 and ask $107... No shares trading....I made some darn good money flipping this bad boy over the past year and its sisters too. A shame to see this little friend had to go...

I have been trying to find the ex divi date... do you know when it is?

I must have bought 100 of yours LOL...... but I will not panic yet... but I think that they will call pretty quickly...

How did you get the info on the new issue... it is buried in the SEC filing... and is for the parent, not the issue...
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #1073
Give me a forum ...

I was very sporadic on that stuff, but you taught me the lesson to check around exD time for that call stuff with BGLEI, so I learned that lesson.
Its under EXC (Exelon) filings but then you have to go under the Baltimore Gas and Electric sub filings. BGE is is the subsidiary that is issuing the bond offering.
They never declare dividend until late. I suspect official declaration will be in the next 10 days or so. Hopefully they will drag their tails on the call as they have to give 30 days notice. Mayne this will bleed out a while. But we know what happened last time.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #1074
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I was very sporadic on that stuff, but you taught me the lesson to check around exD time for that call stuff with BGLEI, so I learned that lesson.
Its under EXC (Exelon) filings but then you have to go under the Baltimore Gas and Electric sub filings. BGE is is the subsidiary that is issuing the bond offering.
They never declare dividend until late. I suspect official declaration will be in the next 10 days or so. Hopefully they will drag their tails on the call as they have to give 30 days notice. Mayne this will bleed out a while. But we know what happened last time.

I found a site that has history... looks like the 8th of next month....

https://www.dividata.com/stock/BGLEN/dividend
Old 08-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #1075
Give me a forum ...

Here is the link for the prospective offering. Its a supplement of the May issuance so things could move quickly here.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...9869d424b2.htm

Old 08-16-2016, 02:32 PM   #1076
Give me a forum ...

Well you know an issue is illiquid when after 4 days of trading and 500 shares you know exactly who bought what of FIISO....I bought the bookend prices of $90 and $115, and Coolius and MooreBonds picked up the middle 300... Some very interesting obstacles to over come in Grey Market to get the shares bought.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #1077
Give me a forum ...

Facing too much cash coming at me soon from a few impending calls I decided to play safe and buy 400 shares of GJP today at $21.75. Its odd how these computers work. The issue hadnt traded for a few days, and I actually lowered my bid 13 cents then it hit a few minutes later. Then immediately after my trade someone puts down a 1000 share bid at $22, and only a couple hundred were sold at that price. So basically with the 40k I sold of most of my BGLEN, I have replaced with FIISO, PJS, and GJP.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #1078
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Looks like someone is dumping a bunch now... some even below the divi amount... maybe just wants the money now....

I think that the price will not go back up after the divi... or it might even be called prior to divi... if so, I will make a few bucks, but not as much as I wanted... and will still have to reinvest....
Old 08-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #1079
Full time employment: Posting here.

BGLEN has been called for September 18.

Calculating from the last div payment date of July 1, we have 78 days accrued interest, about $1.43.

Another one bites the dust - bummer.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #1080
Give me a forum ...

Well I just made a purchase today that guaranteed a $30 loss. I bought 280 shares when it was cratering this afternoon... Gambling it would pay entire divi them flip to an idiot...Well, I was the idiot this time. Oh well, stiff my GF out of a bottle of wine for dinner this weekend and I got my money back, ha!

Closed Thread