SCHK schwabs new 1000 ETF index

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
anyone else go long on SCHK? I am not usually one to jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon, but I decided to capture some of my DAL profits and move into this new ETF offered by Schwab. only .05 to own America's largest 1000 companies. Which is apparently like 92% of the domestic market? :D I feel like diversification is the best kept secret.

Set to begin trading on Oct. 11, the Schwab 1000 Index ETF (Pending:SCHK) will charge just 0.05%, half that of the SPDR Russell 1000 ETF (NYSEARCA:ONEK), seven basis points less than the Vanguard Russell 1000 ETF (NASDAQ:VONE), and 10 basis points less than the iShares Russell 1000 ETF (NYSEARCA:IWB).

They've had the Schwab 1000 MF for many years. I owned it for a while and it was a good fund, but in my case I see no reason for me to jump now. I'm happy with my present allocation.

So, you just bought the ETF version of the Schwab 1000 mutual fund - which has been around and performing well since 1991. This is the first time I've seen a Schwab ETF mirroring a mutual fund. The Schwab 1000 is a proprietary index that doesn't exactly match the Russell 1000.

For even lower ER, Schwab Broad Market ETF (SCHB) has an ER of .03%, and covers 2,500 stocks included in the Dow Jones U.S. Broad Market Stock Index.

- Rita

Back
Top Bottom