Schwab Announces Zero Commission Stock Trades--E*Trade and TD Ameritrade Tanking

Didn't catch that before, probably because I was traveling. Just realized on DH's recent sales that only fees were charged. Nice!

Yes! Hope you had a good trip!

Did you catch the recent announcement that Schwab is going to allow fractional shares for stocks and ETFs? No date set. It could be months out yet.

Yes! Hope you had a good trip!

Did you catch the recent announcement that Schwab is going to allow fractional shares for stocks and ETFs? No date set. It could be months out yet.

No. I do hold one Schwab ETF at Schwab.

So far, another nice day. It's up about 6.8% since Friday.

With the news that Schwab is likely going to acquire TD Ameritrade, I sold my shares in AMTD today.

In seven weeks I netted a 44.8% gain. I also picked up a dividend a couple of days ago. A nice ride.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment about fractional shares at Schwab. I've held fractional shares of stocks and ETF's at Schwab for years. Why is that new?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment about fractional shares at Schwab. I've held fractional shares of stocks and ETF's at Schwab for years. Why is that new?

Here is a news report on it:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/22/schwab-fractional-investing-sets-a-new-standard-for-the-industry.html

If this is new, how have you been able to buy fractional shares at Schwab?

BTW, later reports said that the fractional shares would only apply to stock and not to ETFs yet.

Did you buy fractional shares? Or did you get fractional shares after dividend reinvestment? What is new is being able to buy fractional shares from the beginning, not own them through dividend reinvestment.

Back
Top Bottom