Schx etf

almost there

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In my 401k I am taking the PCRA option & Its now with Charles Schwab.
Bought SCHX yesterday, just curious if anyone here was familiar with it.
Its my 1st ETF..........

That's about it.

I have alot of the sch? Etfs including schx, hard to beatthe .08 expenses. Good fund. But don't go 100%.

I too have been buying a number of Schwab ETFs. The jury is still out if the slightly lower expense vs vanguard will result in higher performance. However, I expect that the differences will end up being small one way or another.

Can't beat the trading costs or the expenses ratio.

Also been picking up SCHA small cap lately. Am happy with it, but it has really low volume. Is this cause for alarm?
Is there danger in Low volume ETF's? Like when its time to sell too few buyers? Or is it a non issue? Bought it Fri and today. Am actually up. But looking for something I can hold long term. Want to make sure its a safe place to be going forward.
Thanks

Personally, I would not use low-volume ETFs for a couple of reasons.

First, if you are using a limit order (and you should be) there is really no enough action for a trade of 500 to 5000 shares. You just don't get execution. I would prefer an ETF that trades on average 100,000 shares a day minimum.

Second, low-volume ETFs are always in danger of being shut down by their sponsors.

But SCHA averages more than 100,000 shares a day, so it is OK.

And a related blog article on this to read: Schwab ETFs Struggle in the Shadow of Vanguard - Forbes

Thanks for the link.
Have had my Roth with Vanguard for over 10 yrs. and plan to stay there.
Now with my 401K having the PRCA option with CS, thought I would give it a try.
So far I really like their site. The free ETF trades and low fee's made me try it out.
Plus both SCHX & SCHA pay a nice div.
Am 30% back into the market now, Looking to add the rest over time.
I might just stick with LG caps, SM caps & cash. (Looking at mid caps now, but not sure how much overlap)

No real interest in bonds at this time. Or outside US funds.
Long term % rates will go up & bonds will have to adjust.
Probably just me.
Thanks again for the info!

Back
Top Bottom