Join Early Retirement Today

Seeking Alpha website
Old 12-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Seeking Alpha website

Does anyone read the article on this website or are most of these contributer pump and dump stock traders? just wondering what everyone thinks.
Stock Market News, Opinion & Analysis, Investing Ideas -- Seeking Alpha

Paws

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think it's a collection of highly opinionated bloggers with varying agendas. They cover the gamut of investing styles. They seem to be rated on popularity, not so much on results, but the site is an easy way to find writers whom you'd care to read.

I've subscribed to Ravi's blog for a while, and it's worth the read if you follow Berkshire Hathaway. But Alice Schroeder's blog is better at covering the "human" side of Berkshire and its successor plans.

Ravi Nagarajan's Comments -- Seeking Alpha

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
Does anyone read the article on this website or are most of these contributer pump and dump stock traders? just wondering what everyone thinks.

I follow several contributers to Seeking Alpha that I have found interesting over the years. This, like everything else, comes with the caution that YMMV. I would not blindly follow any of them but value each their input highly.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

I just noticed this thread. I like Seeking Alpha. It seems to come up with facts and information most of the time. I invest in individual stocks so this is helpful for me. I do NOT blindly follow anything.

I don't get the feeling that they are pump and dump stock traders. Don't get me started on the Motley Fool - I used to like them and then decided it was a load of crap aimed at selling me their (non-free) services. And then there's Cramer...
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Here is one set of articles that are quite good, but a little dated:
The Seeking Alpha ETF Investing Guide - Seeking Alpha
Old 01-05-2011, 05:21 AM   #6

Here is an entry by one I am following:

A Sunny Outlook for Equities in 2011
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
Here is an entry by one I am following:

A Sunny Outlook for Equities in 2011
That's a well reasoned agreement for a higher S&P index. Similar arguments can be made for a number of other markets.

I like seeking alpha as much for the diversity of coverage as the diversity of views on individual topics.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #8

One of those I follow on Seeking Alpa, Geoff Considine, also writes an occasional article for Advisor Perspectives -- another great website of this ilk. Here is his latest:

Building a Better Income Portfolio