Join Early Retirement Today

Technical Analysis
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Technical Analysis

Saw this free stuff today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MQD70Q

Free Kindle books on Technical Analysis
afntrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

For those who might be interested, this is a link to a free collection of three Kindle books on technical analysis.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
For those who might be interested, yet might not want to click on a link without knowing what it is..... this is a link to a free collection of three Kindle books on technical analysis.
Thanks.

I think blind links are kinda creepy...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by afntrn56 View Post
Saw this free stuff today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MQD70Q
Free Kindle books on Technical Analysis
W2R & REWahoo! are too polite to say it, but you're posting a naked link without any context or analysis.

Do the rest of the board a favor as we try to wade through 50-100 threads per day. Tell us why you felt the link was worth posting and what part of it you find useful.

I think free books on TA are worth about what you pay for them... until you lose money following their advice.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
W2R & REWahoo! are too polite to say it, but you're posting a naked link without any context or analysis.

Do the rest of the board a favor as we try to wade through 50-100 threads per day. Tell us why you felt the link was worth posting and what part of it you find useful.

I think free books on TA are worth about what you pay for them... until you lose money following their advice.
Sorry ... I edited the post earlier to reflect the content. No particular reason to want to sway anyone to read these books but since it IS about Technical analysis I thought someone in this forum might want to check it out. If not that is fine as well. Just sharing. If I had to spend the time to explain why any post is worth posting I guess I would simply not post at all.
afntrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Thanks for the post!!!
RetireBy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireBy90
Thanks for the post!!!
+1

Doubt I'll read them, but appreciate you sharing.
arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
Confused about dryer sheets

I have been doing technical and fundamental analysis for many years and have subscriptions to both stockcharts.com and worden.com. Both of these have free aspects and there is an enormous amount of information on technical analysis at stockcharts.com if one clicks on the Chart School tab. Before applying this to actual trading I would suggest that one papertrades; that is, does make believe stock trading keeping track of all the trades one makes et al. I have always kept a diary -- a spiral notebook where I make notes on all my transactions, my ideas, etc. I keep these books and review them from time to time.

For the past 5 years 75% of my portfolio has been invested in three areas: Agriculture, Energy, and Mining stocks. I can go into greater detail if anyone is interested.

all my best,
/* Phil */
pperl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperl View Post
I have been doing technical and fundamental analysis for many years and have subscriptions to both stockcharts.com and worden.com. Both of these have free aspects and there is an enormous amount of information on technical analysis at stockcharts.com if one clicks on the Chart School tab. Before applying this to actual trading I would suggest that one papertrades; that is, does make believe stock trading keeping track of all the trades one makes et al. I have always kept a diary -- a spiral notebook where I make notes on all my transactions, my ideas, etc. I keep these books and review them from time to time.

For the past 5 years 75% of my portfolio has been invested in three areas: Agriculture, Energy, and Mining stocks. I can go into greater detail if anyone is interested.

all my best,
/* Phil */
But where are the books about using a dowsing rod to find a source of water?

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345

But where are the books about using a dowsing rod to find a source of water?
This should get you started, you young dreamer you!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1567188028
arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote