The Correction Has Already Begun

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Im flipping channels, I see a folically-challenged suit saying "The Correction Has Already Begun". I cant even enjoy the rest of my 4th mug of coffee. He is non stop telling us why the sky is about to fall, algorithms, China, European banks,T-bill auctions, printing money, debt, oil crash. I think I even heard that BCG is starting to live too large. This was from Tony Dwyer of Canaccord . Im hoping after the next commercial they put on another guy that says the bull market has just begun. Then I can enjoy my calorie laden lunch.

It takes about 1/2 a second to remedy this problem:

Press the switch (or mash, if you are in Georgia) on the device that is spewing such useless information that is labeled "OFF".

So... the burning question is - What's for lunch?

So... the burning question is - What's for lunch?

I have left over linguine with white clam sauce and shrimp. I was unaware we had leftovers from last nights dinner. I think this fact was hidden from me because at around 11 PM last night I said "hey hon dinner was really good" which is usually my subtle hint that I am going to finish anything thats left. The response I got was "yeah, Ill make that again in a few weeks". We instead had a small slice of dutch crumb apple pie and a decaf coffee.

...I think I even heard that BCG is starting to live too large...

Are you sure? I just looked at the flyer from Costco. They sell by online order a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499.

Just want to be sure Robbie and you know about this deal.

As for me, my wife just asked if I want to go to Ikea just to look around. They have the $1 breakfast deal. Yes, $1. That does not include coffee, but for members, they throw it in free.

Are you sure? I just looked at the flyer from Costco. They sell by online order a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499.

As for me, my wife just asked if I want to go to Ikea just to look around. They have the $1 breakfast deal. Yes, $1. That does not include coffee, but for members, they throw it in free.

:D , you put a huge smile on my face, thanks.

you can get wagyu beef here in idaho way cheeper

Robbie only pays full price. Period!

One of the dangers of channel surfing is that you stumble into one of those infamous fake news channels!

Also all the talking heads are promoting their offerings in some way.

you can get wagyu beef here in idaho way cheeper

... a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499...

Let's be sure we are comparing apples to apples. I double-checked Costco flyer to be sure of their description.

Even then, it is still not Kobe, only Japanese Wagyu. It's only $133/lb, while real Kobe is way more than $200/lb.

From a Web site:

All Kobe is Wagyu, but not all Wagyu is Kobe.

Under Japanese law, Kobe beef can only came from Hyōgo prefecture (of which Kobe is the capital city) of Japan.

To be authentic certified Japanese Kobe Beef the following criteria need to be met:

• Breed of cattle is pure lineage Tajima (Tajima-Gyu), between 28-60 months of age, born, raised and slaughtered in the Hyogo Prefecture of Japan.
  • Certified as having a yield score of A or B.
  • Japanese Meat Grading Association quality score of 4 or 5.
  • BMS score of 6 or higher on the Tajima-Gyu marble grading scale of 1-12.
  • Has the “Japanese Chrysanthemum” seal officially certifying it as Kobe Beef.
This certification process is so strict that when the beef is sold in stores and restaurants, it must carry a 10-digit number to identify the origination of the Tajima-Gyu cow.

Last edited:
Nobody asked me whether I did go to IKEA.

Yes, I did, and just came back from an errand afterwards. And yes, we did eat their $1 breakfast. Here's a photo of that deal from the Web, which I linked from an article in the Toronto Star reviewing the nutritional value of this meal. See: https://www.thestar.com/life/health..._for_ikeas_1_breakfast_but_is_it_healthy.html.

Now, I did not take my own photo for comparison, but I will certify that they gave me only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the potato shown in that photo. No matter though, as it still filled me up, and as a result I am not eating lunch today.

If the market keeps on tanking, soon I will be eating meals like this every day in order to reduce my WR. :)

ikeabreakfast.jpeg.size.custom.crop.0x650.jpg

Last edited:
I have left over linguine with white clam sauce and shrimp. I was unaware we had leftovers from last nights dinner. I think this fact was hidden from me because at around 11 PM last night I said "hey hon dinner was really good" which is usually my subtle hint that I am going to finish anything thats left. The response I got was "yeah, Ill make that again in a few weeks". We instead had a small slice of dutch crumb apple pie and a decaf coffee.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nobody asked me whether I did go to IKEA.

Yes, I did, and just came back from an errand afterwards. And yes, we did eat their $1 breakfast. Here's a photo of that deal from the Web, which I linked from an article in the Toronto Star reviewing the nutritional value of this meal. See: https://www.thestar.com/life/health..._for_ikeas_1_breakfast_but_is_it_healthy.html.

Now, I did not take my own photo for comparison, but I will certify that they gave me only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the potato shown in that photo. No matter though, as it still filled me up, and as a result I am not eating lunch today.

If the market keeps on tanking, soon I will be eating meals like this every day in order to reduce my WR. :)

ikeabreakfast.jpeg.size.custom.crop.0x650.jpg

1) sale of the century, 2) glad you enjoyed it D) did you get the free coffee?:)

1) sale of the century, 2) glad you enjoyed it D) did you get the free coffee?:)

1) Nah, not a sale as they offer it every morning. IKEA has offered this ever since they opened for business in the US more than 12 years ago, but I don't know how long they will do this. It's similar to the Costco deal on $1.5 hotdog+soft drink, or Costco $5 rotisserie chicken, or Costco $10 pizza.

2) It's OK. Eating it everyday would be boring, but if a guy is broke, he has no right to complain, right?

3) Of course, the coffees were not rung up, as my wife showed the cashier her membership card.

Last edited:
OK, the Seeking Alpha post put a smile on my face and I was ready to go back to sleep. But what the heck is BCG?

Blue Collar Guy

1) Nah, not a sale as they offer it every morning. IKEA has offered this ever since they opened for business in the US more than 12 years ago, but I don't know how long they will do this.

They also do it in The Netherlands, so I'm guessing it's universal. At least since 2012, that's as far back as I know but probably been longer than that. It's pretty famous for that.

I also have the IKEA family card .. free coffee, free electricity for my laptop, a nice place to work a bit and free interior decorating tips. That's a good deal if there ever was one.

No where near as good a deal as the IKEA breakfast,(which I never heard of until this thread), but I get free coffee at my bank, they have a kcup machine with all the fixings. One day the bride and I are walking past the bank, and I say you want a coffee? She asks where is the coffee shop? I said the bank, they have free coffee. She tells me "No your not", as another poster said recently"the-one-that-must-be -obeyed', won that argument.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom