Join Early Retirement Today

The Correction Has Already Begun
Old 08-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The Correction Has Already Begun

Im flipping channels, I see a folically-challenged suit saying "The Correction Has Already Begun". I cant even enjoy the rest of my 4th mug of coffee. He is non stop telling us why the sky is about to fall, algorithms, China, European banks,T-bill auctions, printing money, debt, oil crash. I think I even heard that BCG is starting to live too large. This was from Tony Dwyer of Canaccord . Im hoping after the next commercial they put on another guy that says the bull market has just begun. Then I can enjoy my calorie laden lunch.
Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Here you go!

https://seekingalpha.com/article/409...ceptional-year
Old 08-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It takes about 1/2 a second to remedy this problem:

Press the switch (or mash, if you are in Georgia) on the device that is spewing such useless information that is labeled "OFF".
Old 08-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #4

So... the burning question is - What's for lunch?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
It takes about 1/2 a second to remedy this problem:

Press the switch (or mash, if you are in Georgia) on the device that is spewing such useless information that is labeled "OFF".
Hhahahahaha, thanks, problem solved.
Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Old 08-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREmenow View Post
Nice! I feel better already.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
I have left over linguine with white clam sauce and shrimp. I was unaware we had leftovers from last nights dinner. I think this fact was hidden from me because at around 11 PM last night I said "hey hon dinner was really good" which is usually my subtle hint that I am going to finish anything thats left. The response I got was "yeah, Ill make that again in a few weeks". We instead had a small slice of dutch crumb apple pie and a decaf coffee.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
...I think I even heard that BCG is starting to live too large...
Are you sure? I just looked at the flyer from Costco. They sell by online order a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499.

Just want to be sure Robbie and you know about this deal.

As for me, my wife just asked if I want to go to Ikea just to look around. They have the $1 breakfast deal. Yes, $1. That does not include coffee, but for members, they throw it in free.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Are you sure? I just looked at the flyer from Costco. They sell by online order a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499.

As for me, my wife just asked if I want to go to Ikea just to look around. They have the $1 breakfast deal. Yes, $1. That does not include coffee, but for members, they throw it in free.
, you put a huge smile on my face, thanks.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

you can get wagyu beef here in idaho way cheeper
Old 08-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Robbie only pays full price. Period!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
One of the dangers of channel surfing is that you stumble into one of those infamous fake news channels!

Also all the talking heads are promoting their offerings in some way.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
you can get wagyu beef here in idaho way cheeper
Quote:
... a pack of 4 x 12 oz of imported Japanese Wagyu beef for $399. That's $100 off from the normal price of $499...
Let's be sure we are comparing apples to apples. I double-checked Costco flyer to be sure of their description.

Even then, it is still not Kobe, only Japanese Wagyu. It's only $133/lb, while real Kobe is way more than $200/lb.

From a Web site:

All Kobe is Wagyu, but not all Wagyu is Kobe.

Under Japanese law, Kobe beef can only came from Hyōgo prefecture (of which Kobe is the capital city) of Japan.

To be authentic certified Japanese Kobe Beef the following criteria need to be met:
  • Breed of cattle is pure lineage Tajima (Tajima-Gyu), between 28-60 months of age, born, raised and slaughtered in the Hyogo Prefecture of Japan.
  • Certified as having a yield score of A or B.
  • Japanese Meat Grading Association quality score of 4 or 5.
  • BMS score of 6 or higher on the Tajima-Gyu marble grading scale of 1-12.
  • Has the “Japanese Chrysanthemum” seal officially certifying it as Kobe Beef.
This certification process is so strict that when the beef is sold in stores and restaurants, it must carry a 10-digit number to identify the origination of the Tajima-Gyu cow.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 08-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Nobody asked me whether I did go to IKEA.

Yes, I did, and just came back from an errand afterwards. And yes, we did eat their $1 breakfast. Here's a photo of that deal from the Web, which I linked from an article in the Toronto Star reviewing the nutritional value of this meal. See: https://www.thestar.com/life/health_...t_healthy.html.

Now, I did not take my own photo for comparison, but I will certify that they gave me only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the potato shown in that photo. No matter though, as it still filled me up, and as a result I am not eating lunch today.

If the market keeps on tanking, soon I will be eating meals like this every day in order to reduce my WR.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I buy Snake River Farms gold grade tenderloins

Only $120 / lb and I get 8 for the discount. And sold out at this price too. Good thing I still have 6 in the freezer -
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I have left over linguine with white clam sauce and shrimp. I was unaware we had leftovers from last nights dinner. I think this fact was hidden from me because at around 11 PM last night I said "hey hon dinner was really good" which is usually my subtle hint that I am going to finish anything thats left. The response I got was "yeah, Ill make that again in a few weeks". We instead had a small slice of dutch crumb apple pie and a decaf coffee.
Nightcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Nobody asked me whether I did go to IKEA.

Yes, I did, and just came back from an errand afterwards. And yes, we did eat their $1 breakfast. Here's a photo of that deal from the Web, which I linked from an article in the Toronto Star reviewing the nutritional value of this meal. See: https://www.thestar.com/life/health_...t_healthy.html.

Now, I did not take my own photo for comparison, but I will certify that they gave me only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the potato shown in that photo. No matter though, as it still filled me up, and as a result I am not eating lunch today.

If the market keeps on tanking, soon I will be eating meals like this every day in order to reduce my WR.

1) sale of the century, 2) glad you enjoyed it D) did you get the free coffee?
Old 08-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
I buy Snake River Farms gold grade tenderloins

Only $120 / lb and I get 8 for the discount. And sold out at this price too. Good thing I still have 6 in the freezer -
yup - right down the street!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
1) sale of the century, 2) glad you enjoyed it D) did you get the free coffee?
1) Nah, not a sale as they offer it every morning. IKEA has offered this ever since they opened for business in the US more than 12 years ago, but I don't know how long they will do this. It's similar to the Costco deal on $1.5 hotdog+soft drink, or Costco $5 rotisserie chicken, or Costco $10 pizza.

2) It's OK. Eating it everyday would be boring, but if a guy is broke, he has no right to complain, right?

3) Of course, the coffees were not rung up, as my wife showed the cashier her membership card.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
That was too easy!
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote