Join Early Retirement Today

TRGL: Toreador Resources Corp
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

TRGL: Toreador Resources Corp

I am buying TRGL recently.

1. heavy insider buying
2. Private placement with price at 16.67. One investor is Goldman with 5.5%.
3. Market cap 300m with cash flow 72m/annual(just with pipe line phase 1)

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

What do they know?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

What do they know?

What does TRGL know that the other oil and gas exploration companies don't know?

Not that I care, just playing Devil's Advocate. I see they didn't make a dime last quarter, but in '06 they did OK.

Are you thinkin' long term or short term?

Why not Devon Energy (DVN), for instance?

-CC

Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Long term, at least two years.
TRGL has .3675 of a huge natural gas field at Turkey, which has the first sale last month.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I double downed my TRGL position today. Now avg is around 12.3. It broke 10, that's beyond my imagination.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I cut my loss on TRGL. On this stock, I lost big. My account would up 40%+ instead of 30% last year, all because of this stock.

I still think TRGL is a nice value play. And very possible, the worst already passed and it will hit new high in two years.

But it became a big pain for me. It caused me biggest loss in my trading life.

I leave it behind me. I try to.

Until now this year, my acct up 11%. So many cheap stocks there I want to buy, I need the TRGL capital.

Sorry, it was a bad pick.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #6

It takes a big man to admit his mistake.

And maybe it won't be a mistake, like you say. But within your timeframe, perhaps it was.

It takes a big man to admit a mistake, it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Chalk it up to experience, ay?

-CC
Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

I still could not figure out why it down so much, two months ago, it went mid 5. Gosh.

Just like in life, the one you love most may hurt you deepest. Diversify!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I don't want to second guess you, but just wondering why you sold today? Technically, it's starting to show some life now, and if it gets through $12.65, it has got some room to run.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

I agree. As said, I think the worst already passed. From TA, yes, it is a double bottom. All weak hands got shaken out.

But it caused such a pain on me. Some time, I even do not want to check the account having this stock. It was my largest position and biggest loss even happened to me.

Another reason is there are so many cheap stocks on the market, I really like.
I am fully invested now.

TRGL still a good value stock. But I got burned and just want to move on.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art G View Post
I don't want to second guess you, but just wondering why you sold today? Technically, it's starting to show some life now, and if it gets through $12.65, it has got some room to run.
I had similar thoughts as you Art.

-CC
Old 01-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdaCE View Post
I had similar thoughts as you Art.

-CC
LOL! Let's both go buy it and we can report back to semtex when it doubles! I'm sure he'd appreciate that.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #12

Yes, more salt in the wound! I'm too much of a buy-and-holder though. It'd double or triple and then the bottom may fall out before I got around to selling.

-CC
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

From here, TRGL has bigger potential than doubles. Good luck.

From my experience, big money should flow in smoothly and nature. TRGL was such a pain.

You know what, the wound heals fast. I have a long list to buy. Sigh, wish I have more cash at hand.