What did you buy Today?

I bought a chicken BBQ bun, not the veggie one; the lattes had a shorter wait so I spent twice as much as I would have on the drip; but, oh my, I'm still flying on that morning espresso.

I was in Uwajimaya today and was tempted to buy some hog bung, but I resisted. It wasn't on sale.

Ha

I really, REALLY do not want to know.

I bought gasoline, propane, flowers, wrapping paper, some ribbon and a couple of bridge tolls today.

I bought POM-Potomac Electric Holdings for the 7% dividend. Also I had sold it last spring for $22 and bought it back for <$15.

I was in Uwajimaya today and was tempted to buy some hog bung, but I resisted. It wasn't on sale.

I really, REALLY do not want to know.

I was in Ocean City and picked up some pigeon
2gme.jpg

Let's see...I bought 2 strawberry/banana/twist choc & vanilla ice cream sundaes today on a road trip in my 'Stang. I did some power shifting from zero to 80 MPH:cool: that even bugged out dh2b's eyes a bit. :LOL:
I'm gonna miss driving her this winter. :(
As far as the market goes, DCA is still going to VWAHX (a little bit) and VHDYX (5x a little bit) on a monthly basis.

I was in Ocean City and picked up some pigeon
2gme.jpg

You sure this isn't some sort of duck? Either that, or the world's largest pigeon.

On the other hand, hog bung really is hog bung. THere are guys in the slaughterhouse who are known as bungers. Guess what they do?

Ha

You guys are making it hard for me to convert from a herbivore to an omnivore.

Invested in some three-twig lighted branches at Costco as Christmas gifts - we have a set up in the livingroom and they are great - 90 little bulbs/set and it looks like pussy willow branches - uses about 11 watts and gives just the right amount of gentle light. $20/set. Actually designed to be used outdoors. Heck of a buy.

The check engine light came on--a miracle of science for us car idiots. Getting new injectors as we speak. Whatever they are.

The check engine light came on--a miracle of science for us car idiots. Getting new injectors as we speak. Whatever they are.

Common for that to be a mileage generated warning light - Did you just turn 50k or 100k or some even number? The check engine light is normally advisory. GM: we want you to open your wallet at 50k intervals - we're putting a light on the dash to encourage that.

Common for that to be a mileage generated warning light - Did you just turn 50k or 100k or some even number? The check engine light is normally advisory. GM: we want you to open your wallet at 50k intervals - we're putting a light on the dash to encourage that.

When mine last went on, tightening the fuel cap and waiting a week didn't help. But when I took it to Autozone, they diagnosed it (with a computer) for free and told me what the problem was. Then I took it to the Toyota dealer and they told me the same thing (so I knew they weren't trying to get one over on me) and I got the EGR valve replaced. All this stuff is done by computer these days, I guess.

Last edited:
I am Grocery Woman, hear me roar!

I've been steadily using up my pantry stock, accumulated over the last year. All things that were due to expire in 2010 are consumed.
Once the weather goes south (or should I say north ;)), driving downtown to go shopping is a real pain in the keister.

So I decided today was the day to go do my winter pantry shopping.
I spent over $200 on canned goods, dry goods, meats for freezing, candy bars :clap:, coffee and paper supplies. Glad it's all over and done with. :D

However, I have this lingering squirrelly feeling...:LOL:

I bought a few shares of XOM, and a new car. :dance:

I bought a few shares of XOM, and a new car. :dance:

Wow! What kind of car? It sounds like you had a terrific day today. :D

I haven't bought anything but groceries since my last post on this thread (about buying my daughter's wedding present). Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom