where are the gold threads?

endthefed

Recycles dryer sheets
so i breezed through the thread titles from 2010 - and didnt see anything about gold (or silver).

with the outrageous monetary inflation by the private company known as "the fed".....it is prudent to have some REAL money in your portfolio. real money, as defined by the constitution is gold and silver coins. the paper money printers have gone insane since their house of cards blew up in 2007/2008....see the trillion to europe for their latest escapade --

we are looking at a potential inflationary nightmare resembling..or worse than the late 70's. bonds will be CRUSHED. tips are a guaranteed loser...as they are tied to the bald-faced lie CPI.

imo there are only two places to hide from the insanity - precious metals and a distant second would be oil.

as soon as velocity picks up, the inflation monster will appear. you cannot game the laws of economics.

insane money printing = rising prices

if you are overweight bonds, now is a GREAT time to sell. you can buy them back after they take their lumps.

i'm waiting on double digit 30 yr treasuries.....to ride off into the sunset.

Some folks sign up on the forum and introduce themselves here following the suggestions found here.

Others do the online version of walking into a crowded room and start shouting...

Others do the online version of walking into a crowded room and start shouting...
I had the same vision in my mind as I was reading the OP before I gave up at about the second sentence. At least he didn't write it in all CAPS.

I keep asking the same question - if gold is such a great investment, why does it require so many sales pitches?

I don't see in the Constitution where "real money" is defined as gold and silver coins, or, in fact, defined at all. But then I'm not very educated.

wahoo - i'm shouting fire because there is a fire. i am worried about the bond holdings of many of the members. they are sitting on a keg of gasoline...while the fire rages in the room next door.

and thanks for the warm welcome?!

leon - the gold sales pitches pale in comparison to the onslaught pushing paper assets.

I don't see in the Constitution where "real money" is defined as gold and silver coins, or, in fact, defined at all. But then I'm not very educated.

it's there. the founding fathers knew the dangers of paper (easily debased) money.

until recently the money printers have used the boiled frog technique -- slowly stealing the purchasing power.

the heat has been turned up...and so will prices (as soon as velocity returns).

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

wahoo - i'm shouting fire because there is a fire. i am worried about the bond holdings of many of the members. they are sitting on a keg of gasoline...while the fire rages in the room next door.

You are so kind to be concerned about our well being, since you know very little about any of us.

Ha

You are so kind to be concerned about our well being, since you know very little about any of us.

Ha

i've been lurking. i liked what i saw, so i joined. seemed to be a good group -

the reception isn't what i expected.

i see high inflation coming - what's wrong with raising the warning flag?

economics is my thing -- i am looking foward to exchanging ideas/info with all of you.

So, if I were to ask, would you be in the way of knowing just where and how a wise investor could take advantage of the opportunities to own some of this real money?

#1 physical possession. coin shops or online dealers -

#2 closed end funds - such as phys or cef

avoid etf's - gld, slv....they dont have the goods. just more paper -

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

So the states can't issue their own banknotes. It doesn't say jack about the power of the federal government to do so. In fact, the Supreme Court has specifically held that paper money is not unconstitutional. See Knox v. Lee, 79 U.S 547 (1870) and its progeny.

i see high inflation coming - what's wrong with raising the warning flag?

economics is my thing -- i am looking foward to exchanging ideas/info with all of you.

So have you looked at this thread on what to do about inflation ?

Thanks for your concerns. Personally, I am more concerned about deflationary forces right now. Governments are set to raise taxes and cut spending around the world (in response to rising deficits). I don't see how it's going to help spur inflation anytime soon.

So the states can't issue their own banknotes. It doesn't say jack about the power of the federal government to do so. In fact, the Supreme Court has specifically held that paper money is not unconstitutional. See Knox v. Lee, 79 U.S 547 (1870) and its progeny.

is that the same supreme court that just declared that corporations are protected under the bill of rights? which allows them to contribute UNLIMITED amount of money to political campaigns...:mad:

i rest my case.

Thanks for your concerns. Personally, I am more concerned about deflationary forces right now. Governments are set to raise taxes and cut spending around the world (in response to rising deficits). I don't see how it's going to help spur inflation anytime soon.

on my home board we had this debate raging for a looong time. the deflationists have buckled. if the greatest crash since the great depression couldnt overcome the money printers (and cause deflation)....what can?

with that being said, it's never smart to go all in for either -

but almost everyone has dollars as their savings -- only betting on deflation. this is a highly aggressive bet on deflation - when history has shown that rising prices dominate.

a precious metals savings account balances out your cash savings account - you are betting on both sides then.

is that the same supreme court that just declared that corporations are protected under the bill of rights? which allows them to contribute UNLIMITED amount of money to political campaigns...:mad:

i rest my case.

Whether you or I like it or not, for over 200 years, since Marbury v. Madison, the Supreme Court has decided what is and what is not constitutional. Paper money is constitutional. Whether we are in for a bout of inflation is an entirely different question.

By golly - reminds me of 1999 all over again. Still have the gold coins we bought back then. I don't see much harm in setting a little food by, having the odd coin to sew into the hem of my coat, that sort of thing. Not going to put much of the stash in it though - gold, for me, is with the rest of the bug out and head for the Jeremiah Johnson life supplies. Not the way I plan to live my life.

Whether you or I like it or not, for over 200 years, since Marbury v. Madison, the Supreme Court has decided what is and what is not constitutional. Paper money is constitutional. Whether we are in for a bout of inflation is an entirely different question.

scotus is nothing but a pawn - whether you like it or not.

come on -- the bill of rights was NOT written for corporations. if that doesnt wake us up, nothing will.

and when they put it to us good -- it's always by the slimmest of margins - just passed, by one vote. it's a charade.

By golly - reminds me of 1999 all over again. Still have the gold coins we bought back then. I don't see much harm in setting a little food by, having the odd coin to sew into the hem of my coat, that sort of thing. Not going to put much of the stash in it though - gold, for me, is with the rest of the bug out and head for the Jeremiah Johnson life supplies. Not the way I plan to live my life.

what's done better since 1999 - gold or stocks/bonds?

congrats on the great buy on gold in 99! you were way ahead of me.

as paper currencies are overprinted, gold's price will appear to rise. what's really happening is the paper is getting devalued.

Back
Top Bottom