Will the Plunge Protection Team be around next week?

One version:
Wall Street runs two ways—up and down. This fact was recognized long ago by one of the Street’s alltime moguls, J. Pierpont Morgan. When asked by a brash young investor for a forecast about how the market would go, Morgan glared down his generously endowed nose, bristled his mustache, and replied: “It will fluctuate, young man. It will fluctuate.”
A number of others:https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/09/28/market-fluctuate/

12 month (August to August) is 5.1%

But we can cherry-pick all day. I tend to go by my 3 yr and 5 yr which are 7.6% and 6.2% respectively.

I mentally set a 6% "expectation" each January and I'm seldom disappointed and often elated by December.
Thanks, for your reply. But if anybody is "cherrypicking", that would be you!

You asked me what my one year return was. Unless I dont understand what you mean, I thought I answered the question. You asked what my one year return was. My one year --August to August-- is 5.1%

Thanks, for your reply. But if anybody is "cherrypicking", that would be you!

Last edited:
Well, Trump’s Plunge Protection Team still in place [emoji38]. No real news today. The news the talking heads at CNBC was ‘No twitter feed affecting market’ .. and ‘rally on a vacuum’

12 month (August to August) is 5.1%

But we can cherry-pick all day. I tend to go by my 3 yr and 5 yr which are 7.6% and 6.2% respectively.

I mentally set a 6% "expectation" each January and I'm seldom disappointed and often elated by December.

My 5 yr return since May 2014 is 10.1% annually according to Vanguard but I am an aggressive active investor and I am into various sectors when those sectors are expected to outperform. My health sector did especially well since the health industry was ripping off the public. Don't try this at home unless your have a detailed knowledge of that sector and industry.

Recently I am no longer into equities but into 100% treasuries in order to "recession proof" my IRA. I got lucky since the Fed reduced the interest rate a week later which reduces treasury yields but since I already locked in the relatively higher treasury interest rates, this means the value of my treasuries rises. Some investors are not familiar with the concept that yields and prices move in opposite direction. VFIUX had double digit performances in 2007 and 2008 so I expect my double digit performance to continue.

Back
Top Bottom