Williston, ND

Funny, earlier today I rejected NOV (National-Oilwell Varco, Inc.), even though they were on a list of socially conscious stocks, because they didn't sound socially conscious enough (I figured I had a large choice so why choose one I'm not sure about but I still haven't found a stock I like). Then I consider Oasis. I was just reading about their out of control oil well. I think I'll pass.

If looking for a sustainable boom town try Midland/Odessa Tx, it turns out that permian basin oil is profitable at $35/bbl. Midland is a boom bust town. during the 2000 rush hour was a few cars, then the price of oil went up combined with fracking and the town Boomed. I was there in the early 1980s and it had one of the largest Rolls Royce dealers in the country.

I worked in Odessa one week, and I was surprised at the prices of hotels, etc. So many workers are there temporarily.

And I was surprised to find no trees--just tumbleweeds and sage brush.

My close friend is a Baptist minister in the area. Needless to say, his congregation has a number of billionaires and they're about the most well financed church you've ever seen. Just a very quiet place to live.

And Midland, TX means it's 300 miles from Dallas and 300 miles from El Paso--in the middle of basically nowhere. But it's what's under the ground that counts.

Actually, Notrees is located 20 miles northwest of Odessa...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notrees,_Texas

img_1842371_0_9d4e16e6c44eaae005e89ce42f3d60e3.jpg

Sort of fits in the category of Unnecessary Signage. If memory serves, the lake named It'swet. is down the road a piece.;)

But, but, but I do see a tree in the background. I don't think shrubs can grow that high.

Back
Top Bottom