Your thoughts on TPLM

katwillny

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hey all,
A friend of mine does business with this company and has been suggesting that I look into it as one of my potential buys. I am thinking of purchasing 200 shares of it this week. Coincidentally there was an article written about it in seekingalpha today. They are scheduled to report next monday 6/10. Your thoughts please, or alternate recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
Kat.

Buying an individual stock based on hearsay and trying to guess price movement based on timing of an earnings report is much more like gambling than investing. I would want nothing to do with it.

Buying an individual stock based on hearsay and trying to guess price movement based on timing of an earnings report is much more like gambling than investing. I would want nothing to do with it.
Thanks for the reply Growing Older... I am still learning.

+2
Unless you have the time and expertise to monitor this company's financial situation, avoid it. You're better off letting the experts pick the stocks (for example a mutual fund manager and team of analysts).

Have you actually examined the company's financials, like on M*?
At a quick glance, they look pretty awful to me.

it's hard to understand the true profitability of these small oil & gas companies. a large capital investment is required upfront, and then a depleting asset(s) are used to recover that.

I know the Bakken-I estimate reserves, I drill wells, I frac them and then I produce them. I know the Bakken 1,000,000 times better than the baboons on seeking alpha, but I still buy VG index funds. YMMV.

I know the Bakken-I estimate reserves, I drill wells, I frac them and then I produce them. I know the Bakken 1,000,000 times better than the baboons on seeking alpha, but I still buy VG index funds. YMMV.
If you can devote enough capital to oil and gas to put together a reasonably diversified portfolio, couldn't you like do much better, with controllable risk, investing in well participations, farm-ins and the like, there in the Bakken?

I think I have never heard of a risk averse oil man. Well, maybe something like buying old fields in The Permian and adapting horizontal drilling and fraccing. But for non-oil mortals this isn't exactly low risk.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom