Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-03-2015, 02:00 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountingsucks View Post
Used it last year in nyc and was great. We are doing another trip end of this month. Picked out a place with sixty good reviews. I have contacted the host twice in the last two weeks about slightly earlier chick in..1 to 2 hour earlier than his stated time. Zero response.

I would rather not call him as that apparantely is only typically for emergencies which is onviously not the case. Makes me very leary but of the reviews posted there was only one moderatly negative and all others were good including comments on how quickly he responds to questions so im scratching my head on this one.

I've used airbnb in the past always with great results. However, I'd be wary of one that didn't respond. For whatever reason. It's not Ike a hotel where if the manager gets sick or dies then the hotel will run fine. There's just one host in airbnb.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
bmcgonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
They probably have someone pick the locks on properties that are vacant while their absentee owners are not in town. VRBN - (vacation rental by non owner).
That would be a good racket. In this case, they had the keys when turning the property over to me. They even sent out a repairman to fix a problem while we were there.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
That would be a good racket. In this case, they had the keys when turning the property over to me. They even sent out a repairman to fix a problem while we were there.
Sure - the "repairman" is also a locksmith.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Results of our first AIRBNB reservation
Old 08-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Results of our first AIRBNB reservation

We found the description of the location to be accurate and our host was very helpful when we arrived. We stayed for about 1/2 the price of a modest hotel in the area, and were very pleased with the accommodations overall. We also enjoyed the interaction with our host and his family. Our next two reservations are for a small house in upstate NY and a private apartment in Barcelona next spring. I do agree that one major annoyance is that when we make our reservations, AIRBNB immediately collects the full charge for the stay in lieu of a simple deposit.

We did not mind receiving or sending a review for our stay. The public review you see on the site is augmented by a more detailed questionnaire where you can be a bit more detailed if you have any issues you only want to share with the host.
jpjr is offline   Reply With Quote