Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnjana
Next they will be charging more for flying with an experienced pilot...
I'd pay $10 extra for a sober pilot.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #102
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
I'd pay $10 extra for a sober pilot.
Al you would go broke then. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of them are sober.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #103
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by check6 View Post
Al you would go broke then. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of them are sober.
And then there's . . .

(Sorry, not PC and would never be seen on TV today.)
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #104
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

This morning I heard the latest effort by the airlines to charge more for premium seating. I think it's the Airbus 320 that they were talking about where there are three seats on each side of the aisle. Airbus is telling the various carriers that they can reconfigure the seating to possibly charge more for certain seats. Their idea is to reduce the width of the center and window seats from 17" to 16" and add that 2" to the width of the aisle seat, making it 19 and possibly going to 20". The airlines figure they will be able to charge more for this premium seat. What will they think of next?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #105
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNIE36
Their idea is to reduce the width of the center and window seats from 17" to 16" and add that 2" to the width of the aisle seat, making it 19 and possibly going to 20". The airlines figure they will be able to charge more for this premium seat. What will they think of next?
Are they going to vet who can select the narrower seats on some sort of physical dimension criteria, or will hilarity ensue?

Enquiring minds (attached to physical bodies concerned about "overlap") want to know!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #106
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by check6

It was just a joke.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #107
Give me a forum ...

Apparently, they have found a new fee to charge economy passengers:

American Airlines To Phase Out Complimentary Cabin Pressurization | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 02-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Apparently, they have found a new fee to charge economy passengers:
Gives a whole new meaning to BYOB. Of O2.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #109
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
If people want to carry on their luggage so be it. But, I resent being asked to take my very small carry on bag out of the luggage bin so some person can put a much larger piece of luggage into it. Why should I give up my leg room (limited as it already is) for somebody who wants to carry on her luggage?
Cross my heart I don't resent this, and I think you should be able to use the overheads for one piece of luggage just like everyone else. Me, I'd probably pretend I didn't hear the flight attendant if they tried to determine ownership with an eye toward removing it. Or pretend I was asleep.

What I do resent are passengers placing two items in the overheads before later boarders have even had a chance to place one up there.

I do have to say though, that most of our travel these days is international, where included services still exist. Two pieces of checked luggage, meals, be as they may, and all the light alcohol you might wish from the moment the plane reaches cruising altitude, all still at no extra charge. It's very nice, even in economy class. Flying domestic is rather jarring by comparison.