Albuquerque Downtown

Enuf

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm arriving in Albuquerque today and wondered if anyone has visited recently and what the downtown area has to offer. 66Diner and Lindy's are already on my plans. Any hidden gems to recommend?

Be sure to check out Old Town. I was there a month ago and a Cuban Salsa band played a free concert in a small park. Nice place.

Yeah a nice sit down listen to a Salsa band would be fun but my old bones can't take the gyrating senoritas, pressing and sweating on me, or can they? I do plan to take that tram it sounds like a nice way to see the area . I sweet talked a 19yo honey at the front desk of the Hyatt Regency (looks like the tallest building) into a 17th floor room with views that are awesome, the Sandia's in a blustery flurry of black, gray, white, yellow clouds and patches of sunlight. Simply awesome.

I walked down Central and I can see all the old Rt 66 diner influence. Gosh, those must have been the days. Neon and cheap food joints with honky tonk music.

Thanks for the suggestions, any more things to suggest?

Wow, listening to a sweating, gyrating, salsa dancing, moist, senorita, ..... "brilliant".
I'm in.

tonyb, that is a great suggestion with a nice value, it's a nice way to spend an afternoon and very close to Old Town. I loved the Q. Lots of 50s-70s feel. Be sure to figure out the local street culture. Someone calling, "whoop whoop is a street kid version of "narc or cop". If you are the one being targeted, just keep trucking.

Great city.

Back
Top Bottom